• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow thats a descent price i just ordered a wd black tb for 122 w/shipping:bang head
hopefully the black is as good as they say it is...

wow thats a descent price i just ordered a wd black tb for 122 w/shipping:bang head
hopefully the black is as good as they say it is...
It is insane. 4 of the 1tb Blacks' are pushing 380+ MB/sec and 7ms access times under my Areca 1220, RAID0 - 200gb slice.

It is insane. 4 of the 1tb Blacks' are pushing 380+ MB/sec and 7ms access times under my Areca 1220, RAID0 - 200gb slice.

Sounds nice. I assume you have the rest of the drives partitioned for general storage? That's about the stuff I get from my 2 VR300's on fraid. :)

I know for a fact you're not getting anything close to 380MB/s on 2 VR300's...

It's what I get burst speed. *shrug*

I get 200 average, with a 7.0ms access time. :)

I figured he was referring to the burst speed, like most people do. But I suppose with the array he has setup it's probably he's actually getting that consistent, due to his storage all residing on the innermost sectors.

It's what I get burst speed. *shrug*
Burst speed is absolutely useless and you can't compare across systems, I never give burst numbers ;)

I get 200 average, with a 7.0ms access time. :)

I figured he was referring to the burst speed, like most people do. But I suppose with the array he has setup it's probably he's actually getting that consistent, due to his storage all residing on the innermost sectors.
I get lower numbers (access wise) in Vista, but 375mb/sec average, 7.4ms access times. I'm actually maxing out this controller, so they are faster than that.

Last edited:
Wonder if that's the same as the drive that's in my external hard drive...

EDIT: Nope... WD10EACS

Wonder what the difference between the EACS and EADS is? Probably wouldn't be able to raid them...

sweeeeeet
this thing hauls although it took an hour and a half to format.....but that can be expected
i will post performance numbers in a bit

Last edited:
Different power consumption... different platter size... different CACHE...

Will RAID really even work?
You can RAID any drives if you really want, the RAID controller couldn't care less.

I personally don't trust this drive to be main os drive. as a data drive for a nas is ok. need to get a black for my next upgrade but they are so expensive now.

I personally don't trust this drive to be main os drive. as a data drive for a nas is ok. need to get a black for my next upgrade but they are so expensive now.
May I be so bold as to ask why? From my perspective, I see no reason to doubt the drive's ability to live and hold data.

If you are referring to the Seagate 7200.11 line, then I completely understand.

May I be so bold as to ask why? From my perspective, I see no reason to doubt the drive's ability to live and hold data.

If you are referring to the Seagate 7200.11 line, then I completely understand.

I am not one to say I will never buy this or that, but it's going to be al ong time before I trust seagate branded drives over western digitals.

Back