• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any linux distro that can install nic my cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayP

I'm looking for a linux distro that can setup my NIC cards automatically. I have a D-Link 530 and a SOHOware NDC 10/100 F/E. I want to use this computer with the linux distro only as a linux network server. Anyone in here have had success installing my NIC cards?

Most modern distros will detect most NIC cards. If they don't it shouldn't be too hard to install them. Pick Redhat 7.2, SuSE 7.3 or Mandrake 8.1. Those are generally the best. If you feel adevnturous try Slackware or Debian. I have tested a NIC in a SuSe Linux box and it finds it no bother. Try and find out the chipset on the card just in case.
Give linux a shot and if you run into problems don't hesitate to post here or PM me.

Good Luck :D

I heard slackware is only for super hero linux users. :) Only the strong survive they say. I think i'll try out redhat.

eli said:
I heard slackware is only for super hero linux users. :) Only the strong survive they say. I think i'll try out redhat.

As long as you have some command line experience you will survive :D

Back