• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Lanbox Lite. Which CPU cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ponyboyt

Registered
i looked at Scythe Ninja Mini's.

http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2&ndsp=21&hl=en&sa=3&q=scyth+ninja+mini

i think thats an 80mm fan? And i read the clearance under the PSU on this case is around 110. So im not sure if the mini will even fit. I know i definitly want to go with the same design as the mini, fan on the side, air moving front to back etc.... Even thought about a passive HS and just use the TT fans built into the case with a duct or something?

Oh. some pics of the case.

http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2&hl=en&q=thermaltake+lanbox+lite

Its the old style one with no handle on top. Really nice case imo. For now there is a E6300 on an ASUS P5LD2-VM with an 8800GTS 320. i have random momory modules in it now until i find some cheapo 1066, and from what i can tell i need a HS that will clear the ram slots too. All the drives will be SATA so cabling should be good. Also, i will def be OCing this chip so i'd try to find a good performing HS.

Hello Ponyboyt! I've just ordered a Lanbox Lite (among other parts) to build a micro form-factor computer myself, and in my research have found that with this particular case you'll need a CPU Cooler with a height of less than 100mm.

I've ordered all that I need for my computer, except for the CPU Cooler. I haven't yet found one that I'm positive will fit and perform well.

These are some of the options I'm considering at the moment:

Zalman CNPS 8000

Scythe Shuriken

Cooler Master RR-CCH-P912-GP

Having measured my particular motherboard (Asus M3N78-VM), I think that I'll need a CPU Cooler no wider than 110-120mm (I only have a tape measure in inches, so...) to make sure it doesn't interfere with my first RAM slot.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

I just found a very convenient list of the "Top 5 Low Profile Heatsinks" in another thread on this site, and thought I'd post it here for anyone that would be interested in it.

Top 5 Low Profile Heatsinks

After narrowing the CPU Coolers down to the ones with the appropriate dimensions for my case and motherboard (the Lanbox Lite and Asus M3N78-VM respectively), I think I've decided to go with the Scythe Shuriken. I'll probably replace the very thin 12mm fan with a slightly thicker (though still 100mm) fan.

How unfortunate!

So I re-measured my motherboard again today before ordering the Shuriken, and I'm glad that I did. Apparantly, I won't have room for a 110mm wide heatsink, so the Shuriken isn't an option for my system.

Could someone help me find a good CPU Cooler that is shorter than 100mm, and no wider (or longer) than 100mm?

Thank you!

dang im still running stock..i think im being too picky abou what i want but oh well... i want it to be perfect i guess.

dang im still running stock..i think im being too picky abou what i want but oh well... i want it to be perfect i guess.

did you get a cpu cooler yet? if so, which one?

i just built a htpc with the lanbox lite and am seeking for something like Ninja Mini with front to back air flow...

I don't know how much this would help any of you, but ThermalRight just released a low profile top down type of cooler. It appears that right now it is only for s775 and 1366, but I believe it stands less than 70mm without a fan on it. I think with a 25mm fan on it you should be able to fit it in that case. The model of this thing is the AXP-140 and is made to accept 120 or 140mm fans. As soon as I go back to my computer I will dig up a link to it. I think SVC has them right now for around $55 plus shipping.

Edit: As promised, here is a link to SVC for the ThermalRight AXP-140. I have used quite a few products from ThermalRight, and you will not be disappointed if you were to purchase this. Between all of the rigs I have built, and am either still running, I have an Ultra-90A, Ultra-120A, XP-90C, and an SI-97A, all of which have given me great results. I would definitely look into this new offering, and atleast see if it will fit.

Back