• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are you using to cool your AM3 proc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ctrl_alt_del_

Hello again!

Just ordered my PhenII 720 yesterday and have been looking for a heatsink since and no luck yet - what are you guys using to cool yours? Stock?

I really liked the performance of my old thermalright coolers but couldn't find a socket AM3 on their site...

Any suggestions?? TIA!!

oh ok wow i am tired, i almost typed you out a whole thing about how it should fit on your AM3.
i think it should do fine, i mean the thermalright was designed to cool hotter dual cores right? some of which were on average 89 watts, a 5200+ windsor was 89 watts and it wasnt even fastest and they could handle em.

you'll do better than OEM thats for sure, its kinda an unknown right now, when you get it try your thermalright and if its not up to snuff you gave it a shot and look for something else

Thanks Niku! The thermalright I have is from back when I had a t-bred 1700+ back in the day - been on water for over 3 years now.

I am talking about the fitment - would a AM2/+ cooler fit on a AM3 proc? I can't seem to find one! =) Looking for something with a 120mm fan for silence sake.

TIA!

Back