• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Empire Total War - $35.90+ 2.99 shipping @ Gogamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's actually free shipping... This seems like something I should have.

UK version huh? Is it identical otherwise? I figure maybe there's a little extra limey mixed in to the ship crews.

They actually have 48 hour madness going on and the US version is also 35.90... with free shipping.

Hmmm...do I need another game now?
Or wait till summer?
Choices, choices.

US version still shows as 49.90...

Shipping is now free, weird it wasn't that way a few hrs ago...

Anyway I am in for 1 copy, I loved the demo on steam!

Also the US and the UK version are the same, other than the box cover, in all there are 9 different covers.

US version still shows as 49.90...

Shipping is now free, weird it wasn't that way a few hrs ago...

Anyway I am in for 1 copy, I loved the demo on steam!

Also the US and the UK version are the same, other than the box cover, in all there are 9 different covers.

You don't say... http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=64920046&extid=March0509

Just received my confirmation number with free shipping. (3:33am central time.)

Turns out I just barely had enough to cover it. :D (actually I'll be making a trip to the bank in the morning to deposit three dollars.)

Can't wait for us to all get this game! I've never tried any of the Total War games. (Time to turn Napoleon from a soft, washed-up, has-been, racist loser to a lean and restless unifying tyrant!)

these both work in steam right?

I'm in for 1...psyched to get this on sale so soon after release

Well I caved in and got it. It's been awhile since the revolution; I think my ancestors can forgive for getting the British cover ;).

A little annoyed on this sale... I picked up DoWII from GoGamer for $35 a few days ago and got it in a day. Then I went and price matched Empire at BB and used a $10 coupon to get it for $35... when I could have just waited and picked it up here. I could have used that $10 on something else. Oh well.

mine came today, freaking 2 days to get here with the free shipping, thats better than amazon, lol...

Also the version they send out is the General one : see picture:

allempireboxes2qw1.jpg

Careful with Gogamer's cheapest shipping. A buddy of mine got that and it took a month till he got his game.

I bought the game from GameStop. Did the battle tutorial. Going to play some more of it today maybe.

NOTE- They are suppose to release a patch with a campaign multiplayer mode sometime. Google it, you'll see what I am talking about. Few details though.

Just a note on GoGamer's shipping... It does seem a little sketchy, but I got DoWII less than 36 hours after I ordered it with Dirt Cheap shipping. Granted I live within a few hundred miles of where it was sent, but still, amazingly fast for free.

Just a note on GoGamer's shipping... It does seem a little sketchy, but I got DoWII less than 36 hours after I ordered it with Dirt Cheap shipping. Granted I live within a few hundred miles of where it was sent, but still, amazingly fast for free.

Ditto. Ordered around 3am... Shipped Friday... Got it today. Dirt Cheap shipping.

Same thing with Fallout 3 and Stranglehold.

Going to install now.

Buggy as HELL.

First off... I still haven't made it through the install.

First I ran into this: http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=516&nav=0,6,165

Tried to install and the install started a 22 hour download from steam instead of letting me install from the discs.

Got the workaround from above... now I'm just in the middle of a one-hour twenty minute install.

...I shall know the manual well before I start playing. (Eh, Screw it... I'll just go play Killzone 2 until the install is done.)

wow, mine was installed in about 15 minutes total. (from the disks).

wow, mine was installed in about 15 minutes total. (from the disks).

It seemed to run pretty smoothly for everyone else...

...then again I guess it was a big enough problem that Sega already has an entire page dedicated to it, so...

Oddly enough it's past that "Hour and twenty minutes thing" and NOW it's saying the install will take 15 minutes. It went through Disk 1 once... and now it's going through it again (?!?!!). Then I'm guessing five minutes of disk two and I'm out.

Maybe it needed to install something ridiculously large file that you had and I didn't. Or maybe it had to undo whatever nonsense it did when I tried running it the first time... whatever the case... at least my killzone 2 game is moving along.

And now that THAT's settled... THIRTY FIVE MINUTES FOR THE UPDATE!

God I hate Steam...

Back