• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanted OCZ Freeze, ended up with AS5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lian Li

I went to Fry's today to pick up a couple 2 packs of Kingston 2gb Micro SD cards w/SD adapter for $7.99, some compressed air and some thermal paste for my new AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Black edition CPU.

I had read some reviews online and OCZ Freeze seemed like the latest and greatest so I decided I wanted to give it a shot. Got to Fry's and they didn't have it but I stumbled onto a 12g syringe of AS5 that had a price tag on it of $3.99.....I read the tag further and noticed that what should have been inside the package was a 1.75g syringe of Arctic Alumina. Figuring the cashier wouldn't notice, and knowing I was getting an unbeatable price, I went ahead and got it and the cashier didn't even notice:beer:

Now I gotta read up on how to use/apply the stuff

As chevro1et said, AS5 is typically the standard, but there is some stuff on the market that is better. Can never go wrong with AS5 though.

i thought AS5 recommended the thin line running along the cores? ... psh not like i use that ... i LOVE my pea \ bb in the middle followed by a mass amount of pressure lol

i use a line down the center, and once i get my cooler partially clamped, i givver a titty twister to seal the deal, works good for me :thup:

"I read the tag further and noticed that what should have been inside the package was a 1.75g syringe of Arctic Alumina. Figuring the cashier wouldn't notice, and knowing I was getting an unbeatable price, I went ahead and got it and the cashier didn't even notice."

Are you bragging?

"I read the tag further and noticed that what should have been inside the package was a 1.75g syringe of Arctic Alumina. Figuring the cashier wouldn't notice, and knowing I was getting an unbeatable price, I went ahead and got it and the cashier didn't even notice."

Are you bragging?

you live in a ghost town!

awsome!

/ot :)

thanks guys, I read the application instructions and am comfy now with using this product.

I misunderstood the 200hrs bonding time, but after reading the instructions it clarified the issue for me so i'm ready to go.

I got my new desk yesterday and it's assembled and ready to go so i'm gonna get everything setup tomorrow, including installing my new CPU. Hopefully all goes well.

Oh yeah, the new CPU is in my sig and I want to OC it but I'll be using the OEM fan/heatsink that came with my 4000, am I asking for trouble? Should I hold off OC'ing it until I get an aftermarket cooler? The CPU is stock at 2.8, I'd like to get it up to 3.0.

Back