• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why do I have 3 installs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenF

I've got a question for you. This continues to happen to me despite formatting and reinstalling windows. It happens with ubuntu as well, haven't tried other distros. Anyways, for some reason my computer thinks I'm 'tri-booting' if thats the correct term. This picture will explain more. Any ideas on how to just have one instead of three?

I just can't figure this out and would like to fix it so I can dual boot. Right now after setting up ubuntu and xp I can only boot into the last one I install. At the screen where you select which OS you want to boot into I'll either get 3 xps or 3 ubuntus which makes dual booting not possilbe.

bootg.jpg

Make backup of the .ini file then manually edit it. Trial & error then just copy back the original if it doesn't work.

when you are booting the machine and the os selection screen comes up you probably leave it on the first one, right? If like you say the other installations don't exist, then selecting one of the others during boot, should fail. If thats the case then you can delete the lines with partition 4 and 3. You can also go to disk management and see if you have some hidden partitions.

when you are booting the machine and the os selection screen comes up you probably leave it on the first one, right? If like you say the other installations don't exist, then selecting one of the others during boot, should fail. If thats the case then you can delete the lines with partition 4 and 3. You can also go to disk management and see if you have some hidden partitions.

The other installs don't exist, but I can select them and it loads my only install. Everything is the same, updates, drivers, files, saved things in firefox, absolutely everything.

Back