• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Goo $4.99 on Steam this Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1

Own the Wii version and love it.

Can't wait to see how it looks in 1920x1200 and how it controls w/ a laser mouse!

Those of you needing to change the resolution from the standard 800x600, edit the file at the following path:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\world of goo\properties\config.txt

or if you didn't use the default path...

$WHEREVERYOUINSTALLED$\steamapps\common\world of goo\properties\config.txt

Where $WHEREVERYOUINSTALLED$ equals the folder you installed to. File should look like this:

Code:
<!-- IMPORTANT WARNING: If you edit this file, your computer will probably explode. Your friend, the High Resolution Sign Painter -->
<config>

<param name="language" value="en"/>
    <param name="screen_width" value="1680"/>
    <param name="screen_height" value="1050"/>
    <param name="refreshrate" value="60" />
    <param name="ui_inset" value="10"/>

</config>
Notice I've edited mine for 1680x1050 (It looks and scales fine).

LOL @ the warning they threw in the config file. Great game, it was well worth $20...at $5 you are practically stealing it. This was my pick for top game of 2008.

LOL @ the warning they threw in the config file. Great game, it was well worth $20...at $5 you are practically stealing it. This was my pick for top game of 2008.

I know. ^_^

I'm looking forward to seeing my girlfriend play this game. I am sure she will get an absolute kick out of it. I know I enjoyed the 3 minutes I played of it.

I'm just glad that the resolution change worked. 800x600 is unbearable on my monitor.

In for one. Hopefully not another game I won't play, seems like a fun easy casual game and for $5 can't go wrong.

If I can get my girlfriend to play the game for 30 minutes it was money well spent. I know I already played the first level and it's a really simple game. I like it. :)

*sigh* I don't think the game likes my CUDA drivers. I can get either sound or video to work on the game but not both at the same time :(

The game has a widescreen bug...at least for me.

I have a 1920x1200 monitor, but if I select that rez I loose a lot of the image on the sides. I can't see things such as part of the text on the level select screen, and the 'continue button' which is very important to complete each level.

Selecting 1680x1050 didn't help much either. 1600x1200 also didn't look right. However, selecting 1920x1080 worked very well!

Just a tip for those having issues like me!

Perhaps the game has trouble w/ 16:10, but does well w/ 16:9?

Last edited:
Yeah I thought something wasn't 'quite right' when I changed it to 1680x1050. Was still playable so far though, I'll try 16:9 maybe.

Did you try different flat-panel scaling settings in video driver control panel, or in your monitor's OSD?

I bought my girlfriend this game for her birthday a few months back and ended up playing it more than she did (though she still liked it, so win/win). I'm in for four of these, forcing the awesome on a few of my friends. 2D Boy deserves the sales/press anyway.

Yeah I thought something wasn't 'quite right' when I changed it to 1680x1050. Was still playable so far though, I'll try 16:9 maybe.

Did you try different flat-panel scaling settings in video driver control panel, or in your monitor's OSD?

Yes, and no. When I first tried 1920x1080 it looked the best, but there was still some screen real-estate missing. I checked my monitor's settings and there is a setting that wasn't there when it's receiving 1920x1200. It's basically an overscan setting and has 2 options: PC and VIDEO. Switched it to PC, and I was able to see everything while set at 1920x1080 on my 1920x1200 monitor. I'm assuming the image is slightly stretched, but its unnoticeable.

I didn't check for the OSD monitor option on any other rez except 1920x1200 where it is not available.

I sure can't after trying it. I tried both 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 and I can't click the "Continue" button after beating a level.

edit, nevermind, saw the above post, will try 1920x1080

Back