• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel x6800 running warm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ltima_driver

Hey Guys..

I just built my desktop but have been noticing that it is running hotter than I expected. I had a AMD 3500+ 2.2 Ghz before this and it ran at around 40 degrees core temperature.

My current configuration:
Intel x6800 2.93 Ghz
ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Motherboard
2 GB DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA 8800GT
2 Hard Drives
2 DVD Drives

At idle my computer runs at around 54 degrees (measured using Core Temp) core temperature. At full CPU load the core temperature is steady at 64 - 65 degrees for the past hour. Is the idle temp too high? What should I check for?

Thanks
ltima_driver

Last edited:
Check that the Heatsink is seated correctly and did you apply the thermal paste correctly,
also what HSF are you using?

If you are OC'ing you are going to need a better HSF than a Stock Intel!

I have not had the time to check the seating yet..

But i checked everything was tight when i put it in the first time. The processor is not OC'd as for now. Running on stock configuration with stock heat sink. I tried looking up information on the idle temperature. Just wondering if anyone would know what it should be.

Thanks!

Back