• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 Pro, E7400 Temp Problem...Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bs617

My system mb is an ABIT IP35 Pro & I just bought and installed an E7400 and am having problems with the uguru temp reading which is at 103 C idle and load. I realize that temp problems was an issue with uguru, however I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (R17) prior to install. I have an Arctic Cooler 7 Pro installed with Arctic Silver 5 as the compound. I have even removed the cooler and redid the compound being that this was my first manual paste apply. Result-no change. Both CoreTemp and Real Temp show the idle temp at 41C (which seems high for idle) and full load temps around 49C. SpeedFan gives the same high reading as uguru. I can't believe 103C is correct (can a Cpu last any amount of time at this temp), however I have no idea what uguru's issue is being that it is the latest BIOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System: Abit IP35 Pro (Bios v17), E7400 @ stock, 4GB OCZ Ram, ATI X1950 Pro, Windows XP

I've been looking for a while now for someone that has that board with an E7400, so at least now I know someone has one up and running. I haven't been quite sure myself with the limited information I've found whether BIOS v.17 fully supported that processor, maybe v.18 does. (This may or may not be relevant to your temperature problem)

But assuming your temperature problems may be from lack of airflow in the case then.. how is the case ventilation? Which way is the HSF mounted? Case?

Last edited:
Uhh...guys? 49°C load is pretty nice.

As for the 41°C idle, you may have a stuck sensor - some 45nm Intels have this issue.

As for uGuru, there's really nothing you can do about it. I'm on v16 myself - it generally reports a temp in the ballpark, but has a tendency to snap to 0° or 127° occasionally.

I would think that w. a freezer pro and stock speeds that the load temp would be a bit better than that. Maybe if the vcore is still on auto, then it might be pumping more voltage than it needs, thereby needlessly pushing temps up :shrug:

Is a stuck sensor fixable? Like it just won't read temperatures below a certain point?

There was no mention of whether this was stock speeds?

I'm only getting 28°C/42°C 1.37V with the same heatsink. But my [freezing] cold room could've have something to do with that.

Looks like a stuck sensor. Your load temps are what matters and Uguru has always been suspect. Speedfan needs calibrated, there is tons of options.

Only thing is the checklist:
When you pulled the HS off to check your paste application was thin and evenly squished?

You have good case flow? A 80mm fan on the front of the case and a 80mm fan as your exhaust doen't count as good case airflow.

If your okay on both accounts I'd trust the 49C as your load temps. You didn't mention each core temp, are they both within ohh say 8C of each other?

I can see a stock overclock chip like that loading at 49C in cooler winter temps on good air cooling easy.

Is a stuck sensor fixable? Like it just won't read temperatures below a certain point?

I'm only getting 28°C/42°C 1.37V with the same heatsink. But my cold room could've have something to do with that.

Can't fix it, it's inside the chip.

You don't sound stuck, and yea 42C load with a cool room sure, it's a good HS.

Me? I got a E6600 at 3.29 1.4V at 23C idle, but under water and 69C ambient, I load at 45C running Furmark (same WC loop as GPU), GTX 280 at 45C or so. Almost silent.

Return CPU if stuck sensor?

Thanks for all your input.
It sounds like the sensor may be stuck on the low end temps, because both cores are pegged at 41C and never fluctuate when at idle…ever, which is not my experience with my previous E2160. Regarding this I have two question:
1)If the sensor is stuck on the low end, can the temps under load be trusted?
2) Should I return the cpu and get another or just live with it? The thought of messing with the heat sink push pins again does not bring happy thoughts. Is a faulty sensor signs of worse things to come?

Here is some additional info about my setup:
Case-COOLER MASTER Centurion 5- 80mm front, 80mm side (directed at cpu hs) 120mm exhaust. Both the exhaust and 80mm fans are not what came with the case but rather higher flow fans. My system temp is usually in the low 30’s.
CPU Heat sink – Arctic Cooler 7 Pro running constantly at 80% since the temp thing is screwed up, pointing directly at the 120mm exhaust fan.
CPU- E7400 at all stock both core are usually within 1C of each other and as stated earlier are around 49C at full load. I do now have it OCed to 3.8ghz (400x9.5) with one step up on the voltage (1.2375). Temps at full load are ~53C.
Ram – 4 GB OCZ (not OCed)
GC – X1950 Pro
PS – Antec Earthwatt 500W

Okay, clocked @ 3.8 and load ~53C, I think you're just fine. ;) Case flow isnt the best, pull the side panel off, point a house fan inside, an check the temps.

Back