• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time OC, looking for input

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lastwish

Registered
Just looking for input on possible improvements that could be done for the best performance from my machine right now. I don't know a whole lot about mem overclocking so for the most part my current setup is what i got my cpu to at under 55 at full load.

I have run Prime95 for around 12 hours and memtest86 x64 for 12 hours, all passed.

firstOC.jpg

Yes there are only 2 sticks, i will try lowering the voltage some and changing over to 1T.

I have dropped the voltage down to 2.0 and changed my timings down to 5-5-5-12. I tried lowering the command rate to 1t but my computer would not even post.

Any input on why that would happen?

Edit: After some reading on the mushkin forums I have found out that AMD's AM2 chips do not support 1T timings at all.

http://www.download.orthy.de/reports/AM2-DDR2.gif a tabble from the AMD BIOS and kernel developer's guide.

Last edited:
Back