• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone heard of this fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

i found a couple of power supplies at work for some science instruments and took them apart to get the fans and was just wondering if anyone can tell me the cfm the put out?

i have tried looking and none of the sites i have seen list cfm, i plugged it in and it sure feels like one hell of a wind, but loud. at 5v its seems to get good air and be quit enough.

just thought i would ask.

under sticker says nidec FYI
img0162.jpg

I found sites that range in claims from 10 to 12 cfm....but they also claim it to be quiet.

That's not the exact same fan, it's number is M33455-16.
I found Nidec's own pdf for the TA225DC/Beta V series, yours isn't listed, and none of the one's that are use 330 mA, so it's hard to guess, though I'd put it right between their 280mA @ 25cfm and the 580mA @ 32cfm. The latter being the only B model listed.
Probably a custom lot made for the instrument manufacturer.

source:http://nidec.com/fanpdfs/ta225dca.pdf

Clear as Mud yet? :shrug:

Last edited:
.... i plugged it in and it sure feels like one hell of a wind, but loud. at 5v its seems to get good air and be quit enough.

I knew it was a Nidec just from the photo the second i saw the 'Beta V', I have yet to find a Nidec that's quiet.

In my parts closet I have a box of misc. fans that I've tested out over the years, I have Nidecs from 60mm to 120mm, all of them that I've tried are fairly loud. Great for server rooms where high dB levels doesn't matter, but in your home, if you want them quiet you have to undervolt them with a fan controller or the 5v or 7 volt pin mod.

The last time I had Nidecs in my PC was back when Slot 1 and socket 370 processors were top of the line. I also remember like it was yesterday that the Nidec 3 blade 120mm can hurt you if you don't employ a fan guard. Out of all the fans with plastic blades I've tried, that particular Nidec 3 blade hurt the most :p

2665732_s1_i2_8079.jpg

Is that why they call ya 9 fingers Sam? :D

Last edited:
thnaks guys, i will try them both at 5v and see how it goes, its meant to replace my noisy 40mm n/b fan.

Back