• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT3 Video Guides For New Players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This may sound dumb, but it took forever to me to find out the second part...

First part, to go into Titan mode after you have had enough kills, hit R.

Second, AI Titans will "ground pound" most likely killing you. You can do the same thing to... but you have to hit the Enter key to do it. (that took a while to figure out)

I wanted to mention that because the videos up above do explain the new game modes well however they don't have a "titan" video yet.

Also, there is one map where titan mode is recommended (don't remember the name off hand). Simply put, you must stand on a Titan button in order to open the doors to your flag area and the enemies flag area. The AI bots don't understand this concept though.

With that being said, playing Titan on Yard SE with dumb bots can lead to 200+ kills (closer to 300) in a 10 minute period using the Titan ground pound only (note that I was using the super berserk mutator though and that I was in the 2nd larger titan mode). That pound is insane.

Last edited:
Unreal Tournament 3 is a superb game, but those guys always have the bad luck of releasing their games at a bad time i.e. Crysis got released the week before, totally nailed them.

Crysis didn't nail anything other than maybe Crytek's reputation. In it's first month UT3 shifted slightly less than 35,000 copies and Crysis just over 85,000. To put these numbers in perspective Halflife 2 sold just under 1,000,000 copies in it's first month and 1,700,000 in it's first two.

I just downloaded it from Steam and i't pretty fun but it doesn't add much that wasn't there in UT2004, while UT2004 was a huge leap on from UT2003.

I just downloaded it from Steam and i't pretty fun but it doesn't add much that wasn't there in UT2004, while UT2004 was a huge leap on from UT2003.

Playing on 'Greed' with Titan mod seems new-ish to me, the strategy is different than other game modes and more offense oriented. Kind of like CTF but a lot more complicated and unpredictable.

Crysis didn't nail anything other than maybe Crytek's reputation. In it's first month UT3 shifted slightly less than 35,000 copies and Crysis just over 85,000. To put these numbers in perspective Halflife 2 sold just under 1,000,000 copies in it's first month and 1,700,000 in it's first two.

What I mean by nailed them is the Hype, Media factor. The sales factor is totally irrelevant here.

BTW, UT3 = 9GB content for $12 seems a steal, get it while you can, is an awesome game that runs very smooth.

Sure... its an awesome game... but it kind of blows... I've had it since it came out and honestly I've never liked anything about it as much as UT2004... It just feels sloppy by comparison. The engine is in itself solid on the performance side but I always feel like its screwing me a little bit... Hard to explain. I don't feel as 'in control' if UT3 as I like to feel.

2 hrs total today with the free weekend of UT3, its ok , but not as much fun as TF2, for 12 bucks I am gonna pass...

Back