• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BAR UPDATE THREAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cw823

Honeybadger Moderator
Going to use this thread to provide ongoing updates for our BAR program.

In the past few months it has been decided that donating GPUs was a much more cost-effective approach to increase production for team32. Rather than attempting to build an entire system, we will instead attempt to raise funds to purchase GPUs, which will then be donate to members as the BAR panel sees fit.

Our donation address is via paypal @ [email protected] (I never check that actual email)

You can also mail payments to me directly, if that is your preference please let me know so I can look out for your donation, as well as make the BAR panel aware so there is no misappropriation of funds.

cw

DONATED GPUS (card - recipient):

Code:
[/B]
[B]8800GT - dark bishop[/B]
[B]8800GT - JackNSally[/B]
[B]8800GT - JollySwagman[/B]
[B]8800GT - Outback_jon[/B]
[B]8800GT - tom_ozahoski[/B]
[B]8800GT - SniperXX[/B]
[B]8800GTS - Mindmatter[/B]

[B][SIZE=1][color=lime]Updated 03/16/2009[/color][/SIZE][/B]
[B]

Last edited:
As of 3/9/2009 we have purchased one 8800GT and have received 5 (yes, five) 8800GTs via donation. We have selected the members that will receive these donated cards and will let you know who the lucky recipients are, once I have the cards available to ship.

I should have at least (5) 8800GTs come in today, I will be shipping (6) of them this week and should have the 8800GTS that we purchased shipped by the end of the week as well.

I have listed the recipients in my original post in this thread and will update it as needed.

Figure this is what, almost 30K PPD going on this week?

:beer:

wow I guess I need a 8800gt :D

nice to see that many getting donated tho.

Anxiously awaiting my new addition:beer::beer::beer::beer:

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif How were they shipped? When should we expect them? Can we get tracking info? :D:D:D

Seriously, though, I'd like to thank the donors to the Build-A-Rig program.
pophugbyzappe1ak.gif

Got a box of goodies, hoping to have them packed up and shipped tomorrow or Weds. I'll post tracking info here.

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif How were they shipped? When should we expect them? Can we get tracking info? :D:D:D

Seriously, though, I'd like to thank the donors to the Build-A-Rig program.
pophugbyzappe1ak.gif

Thanks CW, and all the T32 donors to the Build-A-Rig program,, will Certainly be put to great use for Folding Science and Team32 PDD Boost

Got a box of goodies, hoping to have them packed up and shipped tomorrow or Weds. I'll post tracking info here.
Darn, just got my mail (Saturday) and no box with a goody in it today. :( Hope mine shows up on Monday, or I won't be able to get it installed and Folding until next Sunday. I'll be away at work from Tuesday afternoon until Sunday morning.

Thanks again guys.

So my folding rig is down, I plugged the new 8800gt into my P6N Diamond and now I hear a steady solid beep. I'm stumped, even with the card removed it does that. Anyone happen to know what that means?

EDIT: Ok its up and folding. Appearently the pci-e power connector came lose from the psu (HX620W), lol.

Last edited:
Received mine yesterday. Got in installed and running today. Haven't overclocked it, yet.

Attachments

• fahgpu.JPG
    fahgpu.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 540
Back