• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Titan EC-TTC-SC-03 PCI Slot VGA Card Cooling Fan review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

There are two reasons for this review. One I feel I should give back to this awesome community. Second this is a great deal on this product, in my opinion.

This is my first real review so please let me know if there is anything you feel I should include, leave out, or change in the future. I will now take this time to also say sorry for my bad grammar.

link to product
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835192007

I have been running this pci fan cooler completely stock for over a month. My original thought was to buy this because I could easily mount any fan I want to it and the fan it came with was a good size for my NB. Today I finally decided to make it happen.

I received a package in the mail today containing a audigy 2 value sound card that I purchased from a member. knowing I am also getting a pci graphics card to run quad monitors soon that takes up 2 pci slots I decided to make room for it by moving stuff all around and review this product.

The reason I like this product so much is due to its simple engineering. There have been so many times I am working on a computer and just think to myself what the hell were they thinking. Even my lain li case has screws that just do not line up perfectly and it was pricey.

fany.jpg

fanny.jpg

The fan is great. Can really move some air when turned up. I run at its lowest speed all the time. Unless I am doing some benching. Even at its lowest speed it moves enough air to make me happy.

DSCN2866.jpg

DSCN2869.jpg

Here are pics of mounting hardware on the fan. I really like the nut even though it is plastic. It has a metal insert so you wont be cursing out stupid plastic screw. Everything was easy to loosen and tighten by hand and felt solid. I really liked that.

DSCN2870.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

Pics of stock install

DSCN2874.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

Last edited:
In order to make this unit fit next to my fat *** 8800gts I had to file down the top part.

DSCN2889.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

DSCN2891.jpg

DSCN2892.jpg

Now it fits with the sound card installed. The reason it is bending upward is because the end of the fan slide holder went all they way to my sata plugs and had to fit between them. It is a slight bend without much pressure on the sata so I figure at least its away from my new soundcard.

DSCN2893.jpg

DSCN2894.jpg

Last edited:
So in order to fit my sound card so close to this fan unit I had to switch the way the fan slide holder connected to the fan speed controller. Again i was loving this simple engineering. As you can see the fan slide holder has square cutouts so that square ended screws don't spin. This lets a person unscrew without the use of tools.

DSCN2878.jpg

Now I actually had to use a tool to remove the fans speed controller from the frame. I took this opportunity to show you guys the inside. You can also see the simple heatsink.

DSCN2880.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

DSCN2882.jpg

DSCN2883.jpg

DSCN2884.jpg

DSCN2885.jpg

DSCN2888.jpg

Last edited:
Now to finally mod it so I can cool my graphics card to the max!!!

I decided to sleeve the fans and power lines. The two new fans on the fan slide holder are both from old AMD heatsinks. They are powerful yet quiet. Just how I wanted.

DSCN2895.jpg

Also figure why not replace the stock NB heatsink paste with AS5.

DSCN2896.jpg

Last edited:
I used zip ties on the two fans on the fan slide holder. I used the screws that came with the unit to install the fan onto the NB. Before you saw pics of washers, well I used two on each of the two screws on the NB to help space the fan from the NB.

Soon the bottom two pci slots will be filled by a sparkle 8400gs 256mb fan less.

DSCN2898.jpg

DSCN2899.jpg

DSCN2900.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2903.jpg

nice review from what i read but next time i would use thumbnails as i didn't read anything in between all the pictures.

you also seem to have i think even triple posted the same picture.

i would get some barbs on the tubing where there is none.

looks handy like the antec spot cooler thing.

should be fixed now.

I will make them as thumbnails next time, I need to learn how to do that.

it takes a bit longer then photo bucket but i use image shack, it creates all the links you would ever need to post anything.

Back