• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Soyo sy-7vca-e MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give us your menu, make sure you disable "Speed Error Hold" and save and reboot it should work then. If not how is it just returning to 600? If your trying to select like an option like 800mhz then it won't work you need to do this in the "User Define" where you set the fsb etc.

Yodums

didn't work

It wont work. I tried to set it a 133/33 and when i choose save and exit. The computer restarts and it goes back to 100/33 or 600mghz. It runs fine at 120/40. Any suggestions?

You might want to move this to mobo forum, and they have a forum just for this mb.

AEsnowboarding said:
I guess nobody can help me:mad:

Go back to the mb forum and pm some of the people you see have oc that board. If you get no response post another thread.

It could be that you are shooting a little too high with your OC. Try something a little lower, like 112 fsb. see if it boots at that setting. Your cpu may not like going clear up to 133fsb right away without a few other adjustments to the bios.

is it just 7vca

i have 7 vca and i cant go higher then 733@825mhz and if i try any oc itl crach all the time (not stable at all). im not really happy with my board i cant adjust a voltage. and if i do, it wount change, is it my mobo or is it power suply ?

And damn it shows my temps so wrooong it shows 51 degrees c when my cpu isnt on the load and it has the usual p3 cooler wtf is goen on ? how can i adjust my temps btw the temp wont change if i oc wierd huh ? one more thingie when i had a cel 466 it showd me exactly same temps around 50s and the i sold it to a guy and hes chaintec board shows cool 32 degrees :O and funny thingie is that he has the same cooler i did :O.

That is strange, I have the same board with an 800 Celeron and I can OC at 133 fsb with no problems. I have another post on here asking for suggestions for a new board lol. I am not real happy with this board either. I was until I started having a hard time keeping all my drives working. One day it will be the floppy not working, the next it will be a CD-rom drive not working. Wierd huh. Same board different problems for us. I dont know what to tell you about your OC, except that try setting everything to default, then make your changes and save and exit. There is a setting in the bios on the right side of the options to set the bios to optimum settings, then just change your fsb, and ram timings if you are into that. Make sure to disable the sound (if you dont use the onboard) and disable the internet thing that it tries to load on you. Also make sure to turn fast writes on for the agp if your card can use it. Hope that helps. :beer:

how about voltage

TUK101 said:
That is strange, I have the same board with an 800 Celeron and I can OC at 133 fsb with no problems. I have another post on here asking for suggestions for a new board lol. I am not real happy with this board either. I was until I started having a hard time keeping all my drives working. One day it will be the floppy not working, the next it will be a CD-rom drive not working. Wierd huh. Same board different problems for us. I dont know what to tell you about your OC, except that try setting everything to default, then make your changes and save and exit. There is a setting in the bios on the right side of the options to set the bios to optimum settings, then just change your fsb, and ram timings if you are into that. Make sure to disable the sound (if you dont use the onboard) and disable the internet thing that it tries to load on you. Also make sure to turn fast writes on for the agp if your card can use it. Hope that helps. :beer:

but can u chenge voltage ? do u have the % mod or u can chose volts ? i have some 1,2 ....10 %

Re: how about voltage

Samzik said:

but can u chenge voltage ? do u have the % mod or u can chose volts ? i have some 1,2 ....10 %
Yes, that is all that I have in my bios is up to a 10% increase in voltage. Which in my opinion isnt much. And any time that I have increased the voltage My system has errors and boot problems, so I just stay away from that setting.

I think that i just found your problem with your OC'ing on that board. Its the 850 mb hd that you are running. Those old hd's dont like to OC very well at all. Try taking it out and see what you can hit. :beer:

You should be able to get 1008 from that chip on that board @112 fsb and +10% on the voltage, 900 is easy , had great luck with that board and it was very stable

Back