• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3R/Q9650 Ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beofor75

Been running my new rig for about a week now stock and everything is running smooth and very cool right now. Wanna push it up to a safe level. Not a very knowledgable Ocer, but know enough to make things happen. Below is my current setup, please flood me with ideas. I know there is much knowledge to spread. OH YA, Thank you all!!

ANTEC Three Hundred Case
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R Board
Noctua 120mm CPU fan
Intel Q9650 E0
EVGA GTX285
2- WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1 OS, 1 Storage/Norton Ghost Backups
4 GB GSkill DDR2 1066 Black Edition Gaming RAM
1000 watt Silverstone PSU
Got a total of 5 fans, top 140mm and back 120mm exhaust and two 120 Thermaltake in the front sucking in, and one on the side panel. Cool knob controls mounted in PCI slots on read of tower, quit at 19dbs/1300rpm

added candy: Plantronic 777 headset, Saitec Eclispse 3 keyboard, Logitec G5 Mouse, Belkin N52TE game pad

I dont have the plague everyone, so please give me some kind of response, just dont call me late for dinner. Anyway, i got my rig up to 3.8, running smooth, cores sitting at 29c Idle. Havent really pushed it hard, but why is everyone around me hitting 4+. I know my RAM is not an issue, got that at 1015mhz, 2.0 volts, can go to 2.1 stable with my memory. What else can I do to get it to load at 4. I know this chip can handle it and more. Suggestions....

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

Its not that you have the plague, its that many probably assume you havent done any research and you are just looking for the easy way.

Read up, theres ALOT of threads about your board and your CPU (or others alike). Read the OC'ing stickies and read through some threads. Then if you still need some help, ask some more detailed questions about what you are unsure about :)

And its very safe to say that 400 FSB is a good starting point. Set your multiplier low, find your highest FSB, then start uping the multi/voltage.

After you have those set, start tweaking the GTL, FSBTerm, PLL settings for more refined stability.

Back