• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cricket sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oYAKUZAo

lolz, why is there a cricket sound coming from my palit hd4850? lol.. its damn irritating.. not that obvious tho, but if i listen carefully, still can heat it..

and btw, i got 2 120mm fan infront for intake, 1 below and another 1 is moded, i stink it below my CDrom drive since theres space, to blow directly to my CPU HSF. and my stupid fat ide cable is in the centre of it. does it really affect my cpu temp? cause my idle is at 27-30 lolz. and 1c means ALOT to me..

and i plan to get a simple airvent made of plastic or smt.. like some kinda vaccume cable. to fix on my exhaust and right out of the window so that the air from my cpu wont be cycling my room and go back in :p. man i got funny funny ideas..

does it happen all the time? are you overclocking the card heavily? when i overclock my card and stress it with ati tool i can hear a buzzing sound as well. it happened on my 8600GTs as well as my current 9800GTX.

This happened with my EVGA 7900GS card. It's the coils on the card vibrating. My card would do it while gaming or running benchmarks (3dmark, ati tool, etc)

I had that sound back in the day on my x1800xt as well. Initially I thought it was the PSU, but after some research concluded that it was indeed the coils on the card.

You can get a rounded IDE cable, something like this, that fat IDE ribbon likely is reducing airflow.

^^^ coils on card,

and you can FOLD your IDE cables and then route them , i prefer doing that over buying rounded ones ( they are just WAY TOOO FAT) to hide well.

11-09_FoldedIDECables.JPG

or make your own rounded cable by folding the cable hot dog style

so is it a problem with the coils? and safe for the card?

does it happen all the time or just during stress? for me its only stress

it happened to me only during stress, hasnt happened ever since... i wouldnt worry about it too much

unless your artifacting or BSOD, and just wear headphones =p

lol, the sound level isn't the issue i got 2x z5500's (well one is missing a control pod so just one for now) and the 14 fans in my case over power it.

DAMIT! i jus realise smt! it actually comes from a real cricket! and how did that damn cricket enters my casing? wtf man. lucky it didnt hit any chipset fans..or my cpu

LOL!!! i would of thought it would of been chopped up by fans and stuff.

@Diggrr, is my pc hissed at me ... i wouldnt EVER open it again... lol i would plastic wrap it and let the thing DIE.

haha if my pc hissed me, ill overclock my CPU and my VGA to the maximum heat and let the thing cooked in there :p. damn cricket.

i think it came from the me,,cause 1 days ago before that, i was in the forest looking for something with my friends.. haha think it followed me :p

I actually rofl'd there for a moment. You have brought a happy conclusion to my work filled day :) And if I heard noise like that coming from my computer, well, lets just say crickets don't like antec 200mm fans on high speed...

HAHAHA!! antec 200. i was lucky that cricket went in alone.. if that little thing was with its girlfriend. inside my romantic blue ccfl casing. they would probely make love and reproduce :p

hahahaha, a little Barry White and there'd be crickets everywhere!
I can almost picture the boy cricket leaning against the NB heatsink lip-syncing.
That's too funny!

Last edited:
wakakaka. but i was wondering, how come that creture didnt die. he was in for 2 days! didnt he hit my fan or smt? i hope theres no otherthing..

alright guys, what will you do if theres a... GIANT AFRICAN KILLER HoRNET in your chassic

Back