• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H and dial-up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark bishop

i just installed the new standard client on my granparents computer with a 4600+. they dont have dsl or cable available and wont pay for satelite so good ol dial-suck it is.

f@h has been trying to connect for a while, about 1/2 an hour, and cant get anything.

is there something im missing to make it work on dial-up? i checked all the ips in the connection check thread and they are all good. they use Aol.

It may just be that the assignment server is busy. Happens to me sometimes, even on DSL. I've found that sometimes restarting the client will get a download going, as it will sometimes be assigned to a different server.

well if its a single core client you can expect delays as the server is totally loaded since this morning I think.

Nick

yeah, the load is insane, my server is waiting for a WU again. The assignment server is at 4.6 CPU load, and 1185 net load, don't know if they're gonna look into it or what, but it'd be nice, right now we're wasting precious hours doing nothing.

Nick

Back