• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have overclocked my first CPU!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ragefreak16

ive finally done it, after asking so many questions all i had to do was remove a little blue cover and move it to the right a little bit and then i booted up my PC and my Intel Pentium II has gone from 266Mhz to 300 mhz!!!woohoo!

really ive got to thank all u guys, cause u are the only people to be able to help me and put up with my newbie Q's:)

Thanks!

exciting isn't it.:D Another overclocker hooked for life now. Did you overclock by changing the mulitplier from 4 to 4.5. If you did your a lucky person and have an unlocked P2. Hmm.... do you know what chipset and ram you have? If you could run 100 fsb you would get overall better system performance.

Very cool! Those early Desutches-core PII's were nice overclockers. Nice to see ya 'round here, too. Make sure to post your results in the CPU Database. G'luck man--- you now have the overclocking bug now... there's no known cure except for hanging around here more and more and getting even more speed hungry!

I'm pretty sure that all the Deschutes P2's were multiplier locked; I had an early P2 300 deschutes and it's multiplier was locked. His processor is most probably a Klamath .35 micron process P2. He can tell easily which processor it is by looking at the vcore voltage with bios or sandra. If it's at 2.8 volts, then it is a Klamath. If it's around 2.0 volts then it is a Deschutes. If it is a Klamath, he will be lucky to get 350 mhz out of it; those were some hot running procs.

muddocktor said:
I'm pretty sure that all the Deschutes P2's were multiplier locked; I had an early P2 300 deschutes and it's multiplier was locked. His processor is most probably a Klamath .35 micron process P2. He can tell easily which processor it is by looking at the vcore voltage with bios or sandra. If it's at 2.8 volts, then it is a Klamath. If it's around 2.0 volts then it is a Deschutes. If it is a Klamath, he will be lucky to get 350 mhz out of it; those were some hot running procs.

Yep, just checked the S-Spec sheets, it appears I'm wrong. Thanks for the correction, muddocktor. It's a Klamath. You could try goin for more anyway, g'luck, and watch the temps!

Back