• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooler to use to OC a E8400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daniel5478

Registered
Hello i have read just about every thread but have not found someone overclocking specifically a e8400. If there is a thread then please post link.

So far on all my reading i have come to believe that a TRUE Copper Heat sink is the best for air cooling. Having this said i am running my e8400 idle 44C at 3.0Ghz (Not overclocked at all). I am shooting for 4.0Ghz+ (What will the TRUE Copper get me to safely?) Will the heat sink work or is it time for WC?

One last thing. I see Ultra 120 Extreme and the TRUE Copper and TRUE Black and a few others that look exactly the same, is there a difference?

Thanks for the help in advanced!

black is black , copper is copper and its WAY to heavy , and the TRUE is well the original.

all will be the same , copper might shave 1-2C off ... but not worth the money + hassle of breaking your board.

Have you looked into the IFX-14? keeps my chip icy cold

black is black , copper is copper and its WAY to heavy , and the TRUE is well the original.

all will be the same , copper might shave 1-2C off ... but not worth the money + hassle of breaking your board.

Have you looked into the IFX-14? keeps my chip icy cold
That one looks great but does it perform exactly like or near what the TRUE does? I am trying to hit a 4.0 GHz OC. Thanks!

its actually BETTER by 1 degree o_O just make sure your case is big enough

also , check out my threads , one is Finally stable ! in Intel CPU forum , and my build thread is in SIGGY

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=599111

I ONLY HAVE 1 FAN + its not @ full speed lol

image if i had 2-3 Delta fans , my temps would be awesome.
Nice! Well ill sure take a look at the IFX-14 the only problem is when i play GTA4 ill wait about 2 minutes, check my CPU temp and both are in the mid-high 80's C. I hope the IFX-14 will keep it alot lower because Water Cooling is very expensive, although it would defiantly keep my temps low.

ARe you currently running th stock cooler? mid-80's C is waaay tooo hot imo. The Xigmatek s1283 is within a few degrees of the TRUE, and half the price. Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer is also another very good tower HDT cooler.

ARe you currently running th stock cooler? mid-80's C is waaay tooo hot imo. The Xigmatek s1283 is within a few degrees of the TRUE, and half the price. Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer is also another very good tower HDT cooler.
Yes im running stock. I think ill go ahead and get the xigmatek s1283 because of the price. One last question. How much do you think the xigmatek s1283 will lower my temps? Thanks for the help i really appreciate your time and effort :)

All depends onr the airflow you have running thru the case. It can drop it a nice bit. Remember tho, if you don't want the pushpin deal on the 1283, there is another version called the 'Dark Knight' of the 1283. It comes with the backing plate and screw-in or bolt-thru kit. Much better in securing it to the mobo imo. Look that one up on the 'Egg plus it's black, it's the 1283V.

Back