• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 1.5 TB for $124.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good deal for a retail to get the extra two years on the warranty. Tempting but I better quite spending money for a while before my wife kills me.

Given the track record of this drive, the first paragraph made me lol:

Seagate has a proven track record of consistently delivering reliable products in volume, and the new Barracuda family is no exception.

I was about to purchase this model (OEM) from Newegg w/ 3yr warranty; Instead I picked this up.

I hope it's not DOA and works fine with a firmware update.

1080p content will fill this baby up fast... :eek:

I was about to purchase this model (OEM) from Newegg w/ 3yr warranty; Instead I picked this up.

I hope it's not DOA and works fine with a firmware update.

1080p content will fill this baby up fast... :eek:

That's why you buy a bunch, cuz 1080p = vryvrysexy

DO NOT BUY... I'm working at a company where we support over 300 PC's every day, we have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 FAIL every week!!! We've stopped using them close to a month ago, but the batch we've already got on the floor still fails... Untill they sort out the firmware issues, stay away.
It's sad, as ST0******640NS and AS models were great, until 330AS models started coming in :(....

Last edited:
:(

Can anyone recommend a good Terabyte sized drive? Preferably for less than $150 or so?

I reccomend the Caviar Black 1TB model. I intend to have many, although I only have one right now. It's a beautiful piece of equipment.

Some things shouldn't be tweaked to work and personally I will always look at seagate and remember this scandal.

Worth noting, all my western digitals are heavier than my one seagate. Doesn't matter which type of drive it is... and I know that heavyness often has something to do with product quality. And I know that the seagate drive is also my slowest drive, granted it's a 7200.10.

This way or that, I'm not fond of seagate stuff. Western Digital seems to be the safe bet right now. So I'll stick to using and reccomending it.

another recommend for WD caviars. green for storage, black for performance. I have a 1.5tb seagate that's still kicking but I have been sweating this whole time. I have so much on there I DO NOT want to lose. I wish I had just paid $20 more for the WDs when I bought the Seagate. Hopefully it holds up.

another recommend for WD caviars. green for storage, black for performance. I have a 1.5tb seagate that's still kicking but I have been sweating this whole time. I have so much on there I DO NOT want to lose. I wish I had just paid $20 more for the WDs when I bought the Seagate. Hopefully it holds up.

Best buy's been having a few sales here and there that touches the western digital hard drives. Considering all things, they're really cheap there. Seeing as how it's the retail package as opposed to the OEM product.

I saved about 40$ buying my stuff at best buy so far.

I have a 1.5tb seagate that's still kicking but I have been sweating this whole time.
Disconnect the drive now. Buy another one tonight and you may still be able to transfer your data to it.

Otherwise...

Disconnect the drive now. Buy another one tonight and you may still be able to transfer your data to it.

Otherwise...

While I think this is mean, I can't help but agree. If you care about the data, the only real option is to get rid of the drive or to use it for non-critical functions.

Seeing as how it's the retail package as opposed to the OEM product.
With retail you just get the SATA cables which most of us have since they came with the mobo. Or is there anything else?

Back