• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 1200 side panel fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godzilla

i have an Antec 1200 case, do you think its worth getting a fan for the side panel window?

if so which direction should the airflow be?

i was thinking it should blow inwards towards the graphics card and motherboard/cpu...as the graphics card and cpu seem to run pretty hot even on idle according to RealTemp (40-45c CPU and ~55C graphics card).

Last edited:
I would definitely have it as an intake. What size fan are you thinking about adding?

the standard size fans for this case are 120mm fans...with a massive 200mm on the top of the case. It came with 3 x 120mm intakes at the front, 2 x 120mm exhaust fans on the back and a 200mm exhaust on the top.

Id imagine you really dont need it, but if you do want to try it, then it should be an intake.

I found my 900s side fan to be very useful blowing right on my video card, so i'm sure it will beneficial for you to get one.

My heatsink is so big - I can't even think about installing a side fan on my Antec 900 case - it won't fit. Good thing I figured that out before purchasing extra fans. :santa:

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
ASUS EAH4850 TOP Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 680 MHz GPU & 2100 MHz Memory
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

Wait, the poster above me, how did you fit a 120mm side fan on your Antec 900 with Thermalright Ultra-120 installed!?

I should have said that after the TRUE went in, the side fan went onto the TRUE for push/pull, sorry about that lol. And I had to snap off the top two plastic fan retention ears from the side panel as well to get the TRUE on there.

On the 1200, I think that the fan hole is lower and out of the way.

HEY. i have a side fan running with my Antec 900:p
ask if need pics
just cut off the top corner of the side panel fan, or else the bottom fan on the TRUE and the side panel fan collide. :)

EDIT: instead of using rubber bands, i bought the new TRUE Fan clip. (cost me $10 AUD) :(

lol k. after i have dinner:p
i don't have pics of actualling cutting the corner off though. i'll think of something that'll help :)
pics will be up in no more than 2 hours:thup:

No worries mate, it's 3am this side of the globe ;) we'll be checking your pics out when we wake up.

My video card cannot run stable unless there are no other cards installed blocking the air flow:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595731
so having a side fan blowing onto my video card might solve the problem for me... I just hope not too much mutilation is required.

whoa! talk about the time difference. i'm just shy of 7:30pm at the moment. nearly time for some homework :santa:

ok first pic is just a case pic. hopefully you can see the side panel fan as well as the TRUE's bottom fan.
i have since changed my fans around, but yeh.

Antec900-5mod.jpg

some pics of the fan i cut the edge off. my dad used a saw and slowly cut the corner off.

190320091629.jpg

190320091631.jpg

here's just a pic i of what it looks like with the side panel back on.

190320091632.jpg

and here's a picture of the TRUE fan bracket if anyone is wanting to see waht it looks like :)

190320091634.jpg

hope it helps. :beer:

EDIT:
1 - yes my mouse pad is a world map :p
2 - that round thing dangling out of the right side of my side panel is a 6-red-LED light
3 - these pics were taken with my Nokia N73. mum locked her room so can't get camera.

enjoy!

whoa man, you got s hitloads of room in that antec 1200. what's the distance between the cpu and the side panel fan? (or are you using water cooling there? )

I found my 900s side fan to be very useful blowing right on my video card, so i'm sure it will beneficial for you to get one.

Absolutely right! I added one to my Antec 900 and the temps of the bottom GPU (which tends to get hotter) improved from 48-50 to 37-39.

ok i installed a side panel intake fan and its made ZERO difference to my Temps!

just thought i'd let you all know. :(

Back