• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan running full speed??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmHelp

I finally decided to take out my watercooling system and switch over to air since I don't leave my computer on 24-7 anymore. Processor: Core2 Duo E6700
/w Asus P5w-DH.

I snagged one of these ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler for cheap and I replaced their stupid stock clips with screws and bolts. The thing is on the processor very tightly and from what I see in the bios running very cool. For some reason though the fan is always running at 100%. I turned on bios cooling control but no matter what it is always running 100%. It is rather annoying because it is quite loud. I have never really been concerned with noise until now so I am trying to get this thing running whisper quite.

Any ideas?

Problem is the fan is a 4 slot one for socket 775. Wouldn't work with that controller.

I updated my bios and it seems to be working better. Atleast it is not running at 100% anymore, still a bit loud. Should have gone with zalman but I am cheap. Only problem is I lost my press f8 for boot menu :(. I know it is a huge security risk but it certainly makes life alot easier booting between different hdds.

Back