• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't know if I should cry now or what!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

This is the time of year that I usually build a new rig. I reformatted a while back and just left things stock but TBH I have no idea how long this has been at........2ghz..........WTF!:cry:

What.jpg

I went into the bios and it stated the multiplier is set at 8. Please, laugh at me, I deserve it. I am going to be starting a new site called UnderClockers.com! Should be real awesome.

Turn off Intel's SpeedStep (EIST) function in your BIOS. It's reducing your CPU multiplyer when it's idle to save power, also putting it under load should put your setting back up.

Is that happening when the cpu is doing something or idle (meaning does it change when the cpu is active)? Turn speedstep off and you should see the correct clocks if that is indeed the issue.

Ahh Ben333 got there too fast lol.

yea i went through the bio's right after I put the post up and changed it. I thought I had it disabled so it made me jump when I saw the Z screen lol. All is well now.
I'm going to see what I can make happen with this p35 set up. Been looking at the p45's but it is such a side grade atm. Only reason I may still make the purchases is so I can take this rig to work to replace my old Epox 8KDA3+ setup and actually get the games smooth at work. So hard to justify spending on that at this time with i5 and i7 lurking about at a slightly higher price point.

Thanks guys, Seaborn

Back