• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of switching over to intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, i've been an AMD fan for a while now, but for some reason or another, i've recently gotten the urge to try out an Intel chip for my next build.
I was thinking i would probably go with the E7400 processor, and want to get a board that will overclock well, if i decide it needs overclocking, and has crossfire abilities.
in the past, i have run mainly DFI, and ASUS boards, but i really have no clue what board i want to run, and am very open to suggestions.
Im looking to spend $200 CDN or less on the board.
also, if there is a different chip that you guys would recommend, i am open to suggestions, i can get the E7400 for $165 CDN locally, and would like to spend something around that.
thanks for your time guys.

thanks, i think i'll probably end up going with that gigabyte board.
im still somewhat undecided as to which processor im going to be sticking on it, probably either the E7400, or the E8400, how do these two processors handle overclocking?

both of them oc rather well.... it just depends if you want to spend the extra money for more L2. then there is the fact that any E8xxxx that is E0 will do 4ghz without much work on P45. E7400 might need some work but i dont see many people running E7400's.

how do i know if the processor im getting is an E0, or a different one?

kk, thanks.
just got the case for my new build today, the CM 932 HAF, got it all stripped, and ready for painting. might go get myself a power supply tomorrow(700W Modular OCZ ps for $99CDN sounds good to me)
next paycheck is the motherboard and hard drive purchase, then the ram and processor(+aftermarket hsf), then its time to purchase a video card, and a nice new 22 inch LCD

You will be happy with the step to intel. I was ran AMD while the were on top on the gaming market. Once I realized they couldnt keep up anymore I jumped into a P5k E6750 combo with a 9600gt. Love it. Recently moved that one to my office and built a P5Q E8400 combo with GTX260 c.216. The Asus boards have been solid for me, but Gigabyte seems to make a great platform also.

Also, as mentioned above, if you buy new you will get the E0 step 8400. IMO one of the best processors bang/buck out there still.

Back