• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E7300 OC Temperatures Normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tallman5353

hey everyone,

this is my current setup

E7300 2.66ghz Overclocked to 3.2ghz w/ Zalman 9700LED Heatsink
ASUS P5QL-E Mobo
2Gb Kingston Value 800mhz RAM
500gb WD SATA II HDD
8600GT gfx (upgrading soon)
Corsair HX-620 620W PSU
Pioneer dvd burner
Floppy drive
Tt Matrix Case w/ fans 120mm at front blowing in, 120mm at rear blowing out, 92mm on side blowing onto heatsink

anyway i was wondering, since i have oc'ed my e7300 are these temperatures normal when a heatsink such as the Zalman 9700led are attach

Room Temperature reads about 22 C

(Stats obtained from Speedfan 4.37)
(While At Full Load Using OCCT)
Core 0: 57 C
Core 1: 57 C
Core: 45 C
CPU: 46 C
System: 30 C
Core Voltage is 1.288V with CPU-Z

(At Idle)
Core 0: 47 C
Core 1: 47 C
Core: 44 C
CPU: 35 C
System: 29 C

Its just strange seeing that some people are saying they have oc'ed the same cpu at a higher speed but with lower temps and with a stock heatsink.

?

Thanks in advance

i have used core temp and real temp, both of those programs are the same temp as each other, they read cpu temp 2-3 degrees C lower than the CPU temp in speedfan. should i be worried about the core, core 1 and core 2 temps in speedfan?

thanks in advance

The VID is 90.
This is while running OCCT.

I have tried reseating the cooler to the letter, cleaned and reapplied arctic silver 5, and now the temps have gone up 2 degrees C

?

Given your heatsink (the zalman) to me those temps look correct. As for what other people show (especially the stock sink) keep in mind most of them are operating on a test rack and not within a case. If they are within a case they most likely had lower ambient temps.

Zalman has never really been at the top in terms of peformance so I personally think there isnt an issue. It could be that your IHS on your chip is either warped or the thermal solder beneath it isnt applied correctly but that is quite rare (the solder atleast) and would make the temps much MUCH higher than what you are seeing here.

Also Asus has a nasty habit of overstating temps by a good 5-10C*

Back