• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choosing a CPU fan help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

expert87

Hi;
My current stock intel fan is out of order and my cpu is living in hell right now...it reaches up to 65 when idel
first my cpu is an intel pentuim D 3GHZ....non-overclocked yet
I read the sticky on how to choose a heatsink....still i got some questions.
Iam willing to live with all kind of noises on the other hand i want to be able to overclock.....at least 500MHZ<<<greedy:santa:
1)I found lots of fan coolers but with lots of specifications like fan speed...air flow....etc....which factors should i look for on the fan box??
2) Iam considering buying this one
http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=308
which,by the way idont' know anything about but it is one of the available :)

or
http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=313
which one do you advise me to buy?
any other suggestions are welcome.

thermaltake true :beer:
Typo there :p

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. ;)

Please note if you do go with this heatsink, it does NOT come with fans. This is a positive since you can put whatever you want on it.

^^^^
so I have to buy the heatsink and the fan?
I don't think they sell fans seperately where I live :(
and does the same company "Thermalright" offers fans??
Thanks for passing by

^^^^
so I have to buy the heatsink and the fan?
I don't think they sell fans seperately where I live :(
and does the same company "Thermalright" offers fans??
Thanks for passing by
Correct, when you buy the heatsink, it does not come with any fans, it is just the heatsink and mounting hardware.

Thermalright doesn't offer any fans themselves, but I'm sure you can find fans separate, not sure where though :-/

so zalman is no good? overpriced? or what is the problem?
They are decent, no where near bad. The only problem seems to be price, they are usually not that far from the TRUE. Zalman focuses more on silence than high performance.

Are the 775 and 1366 TRUE models packaged differently other than the mounting hardware?

I got my TRUE about a month ago and it came with the new plastic fan holder and an ok thermalright fan.

other good choices include the Xigmatek Dark Knight s1283 (because it comes with the bolt-thru kit and a fan in one package), Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer, OCZ Vendetta2.

Definitely get the TRUE120, it's the best air cooler out there. It's even better if you decide to lap it and your CPU. Doing that shaved off about 5c from my temps (which were already lower than the Xigmatek S1283).

Back