• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X360 and WiFi.. yes more questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Alright another pop the question again one. Wifi for this beast... cheaper than getting the $100 connector would be ideal.

Prefer local - retail store over web on this one (aka Best Buy) since I got coupons I can use. Any suggestions on a router that you could possibly pick up in the store and firmware update it for the needs?

I was looking at the WRT54G, good solution but would it be good enough for high def, 720P? No way i'll stream 1080P over the air.
Another one was the WRT160N, but looks like i'd be out of luck on getting a good one in the stores (V1.0/V1.1)
Last on the list pricey WRT310N, costs more defiantly cheaper online ($35 cheaper) might be able to get a friend to nab it up at a lower price for me.

Last edited:
Only 1 port on it though :/ But as said its not linked to just 1 console.

Sorry, I didn't look to close at it. Mine has 4 ports on it but it is a Buffalo which you cannot get in the US any more. Just do a search in google shopping for "wireless bridge gaming adapter" and you'll find a multiport one.

Well went out an nabbed a WiFi router. Was trying to get it in town and they didn't have many options for a wifi gaming bridge.

So got a WRT310N and flashed it with DD-WRT and bridged it to my WRT610N I have upstairs. Took a little bit but worked like a charm. Kinda cool playing with 2 routers.

Using DD-WRT and a second router really is about the best option. It gives you so much more at half the price of either the 360's add-on or even the normal wireless bridges they market for gaming consoles.

The original Xbox adapter also works with the 360 at about half the price, but still might as well just grab the router.

RJ45 cable from laptop to 360, cost? Probably nothing since you probably have a spare cable lying around.

RJ45 cable from laptop to 360, cost? Probably nothing since you probably have a spare cable lying around.

Not like I want my laptop powered up and plugged in to play on my 360 though. And its not the fastest thing in the world especially if I want to stream some HD content to my 360.

Back