• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help configuring clients on a system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Ok I want to go diskless and be able to run.

2 vm or 2 smp clients and 2-4 gpu clients. All I want to be able to do is run fahmon to monitor the system.

Last edited:
I am interested in doing something like this too..

Is it possible to smp and gpu2 fold diskless?

AFAIK the only Diskless Clients are for SMP folding havent seen or read anything for GPU2 Diskless,

But have read up on Headless folding for both SMP & GPU2 using Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition,

so no one here has done this or similar?

Since notfred's stuff is built on Linux, and is the way to diskless Fold, I don't think GPU2 is an option at this point. Maybe he could get the GPU2 CUDA wrapper to work, idk... :shrug:

I want to catch Jon but not that bad.:)

3 things

you need to clear your p.m's out :D

and you just had your last chance hopefully. Lost my phone for the last 5-6 days.

I have a new toy coming in less then 3-5 days that will produce 6-7k along with what I was kicking out before the outage...

...you just had your last chance hopefully. Lost my phone for the last 5-6 days.

I have a new toy coming in less then 3-5 days that will produce 6-7k along with what I was kicking out before the outage...

jonspd, I was wondering what happened to you. I noticed yesterday that your PPD had been 0 this entire week. Glad to hear that you will be back even stronger in a few days.

You could potentially build a bootable USB drive with WinXP for folding, but you would need to have the Flash disk drive so its not quite "diskless". If your flash drive was big enough, I would think 2GB-4GB would work, you could SMP in XP or run VMs from VMWare Server installed on the XP Flash Drive and GPU2 fold in XP.

thats to many installs I'm looking for a diskless set-up with the ability to chose the amount of smp's and gpu clients.

I don't want to go thru vm's to timely and really want to do this with just a cd.

Back