• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS SILENT KNIGHT VS ASUS SILENT SQUARE EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CROSS_FIRE

Registered
Hey overclockers

I am searching for a new cooler for my intel E7300 to OC it I am running it @ 3.0GHZ with the stock cooler but I need more!!!
after searching I didn't find any zalman coolers in my country but I found ASUS coolers I found ASUS SILENT KNIGHT II and ASUS SILENT SQUARE EVO

so I want to kinow which one is better my M.B is GIGABYTE GA-EP31-DS3L and the CASE is GIGABYTE 3D AURORA 570

PLZ HELP ME!!!

Last edited:
I have a ASUS Silent Knight on one of my other computers and does a fairly good job. I havnt tried that ASUS Silent Square Evo, but I would think it would cool a lil better. But thats just my opinion.

Either one should do that job.

I have a ASUS Silent Knight on one of my other computers and does a fairly good job. I havnt tried that ASUS Silent Square Evo, but I would think it would cool a lil better. But thats just my opinion.

Either one should do that job.
Thanks

can you locate a TRUE? That would be once of the top options, or are you looking just at just those two?
this is a list of coolers I found

Code:
ASUS TRITON 77
ASUS V60
ASUS SILENT KNIGHT
ASUS SILENT KNIGHT AL
ASUS SILENT KNIGHT II
ASUS SILENT KNIGHT SQUARE EVO
GIGABYTE G-PWER PRO 2
ASUS STAR ICE

and Imitator of ZALMAN coolers

Last edited:
Asus Silent Square Evo
Code:
With a 150W heat load applied  by the Intel LGA775 version of FrostyTech's synthetic thermal test platform, the  Asus Silent Square EVO heatsink yields a rise above ambient temperature of  25.8°C (42.8 dBA) at the fans' stock speed of 2300RPM. At a slightly reduced fan  speed, noise levels fell to 35.1 dBA, while temperatures held steady at  32.9°C.
  To measure the effectiveness of the [URL="http://www.asus.com/"]Asus[/URL] Silent Square EVO heatsink on a Intel Core 2 Duo class processor, an 85W heat load was applied next. The Asus Silent Square EVO heatsink handled this equally well, maintaining a 15.6°C rise over ambient temperature. Again, the fan speed was then reduced to about 1000RPM, and in this case temperatures held steady at 19.3°C over ambient.
Asus Silent Knight
Code:
With a 150W heat load applied by the Intel LGA775 version of FrostyTech's  synthetic thermal test platform, the Asus Silent Knight II heatsink maintains an  test temperature of 34.9°C over ambient. Noise levels hold steady at 46.2dBA.  
 If we  drop fan speed from 2300RPM to ~800RPM, the Silent Knight II yields a 38.8°C  rise over ambient for 41.0 dBA noise.
 For the  next round of testing the Asus Silent Knight II heatsink was tested with an 85W  heat load. In this case the Silent Knight II heatsink maintained a 21.4°C rise  in temperature at full fan speed, and 24.3°C at the reduced fan speed.
I think it's over Asus Silent Square Evo gives better temp. and lower n0ise

Last edited:
if i were u, wouldnt trust reviews too much . .

get Asus silent knight 2, im running my QUAD at 3.4ghz , idle at 26-32. depends on my room temp and the weather :). usually 26 at night

not avelable:bang head

I want some pics of temps

thanks for help

I run a quad 9450 at 3600MHz everyday config, with a lion square 46c idle ....... 56 top after 10 min of hitting the cpu hard. I have 2 120mm fans 3 80mm fans and a 60mm fan on the NB heatsink; pretty bin case
env temp about 20/24c.
While gaming after 2 hours never pass 46/48 (on the hottest core with a cpu load of 12%-30% avg)....... You are just fine with any of the coolers you are looking at ......
It just seems to me that you will hardly get below 40c if your cpu is o.c. No matter what cooling you use....

Mi chip (q9450) has a term spec of 72.6c so 56c top its just great

Also, remenber to keep your vcore in safe limits

I run a quad 9450 at 3600MHz everyday config, with a lion square 46c idle ....... 56 top after 10 min of hitting the cpu hard. I have 2 120mm fans 3 80mm fans and a 60mm fan on the NB heatsink; pretty bin case
env temp about 20/24c.
While gaming after 2 hours never pass 46/48 (on the hottest core with a cpu load of 12%-30% avg)....... You are just fine with any of the coolers you are looking at ......
It just seems to me that you will hardly get below 40c if your cpu is o.c. No matter what cooling you use....

Mi chip (q9450) has a term spec of 72.6c so 56c top its just great

Also, remenber to keep your vcore in safe limits
Thanks bro but as I said it's not avelable:bang head

The Silent Square EVO should work nicely, but it will probably benefit from a lapping.

I run a Silent Square on my Athlon X2. The TRUE is highly rated and I would've checked it out, except on an AM2 socket, the fan will go up or down only, not out the back of the case. So in short, I picked the Silent Square for favorable air flow in my case, but I'm happy with it. I did have to lap mine though.

Back