• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anonymous/Offshore Hosting and Registration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

Can anybody recommend a provider for annonymous offshore hosting and domain registration? There are numerous services, but does anybody have any experience with any of them?

I'm not about to launch a torrent tracker or some kind of sketchy pr0n, it's a whistleblower type site and I am slighly concerned about UK libel laws, which allow you to be prosecuted for publishing accusations of criminal behaviour about a company or individual even if they are proved to be true.

Last edited:
I know of one place in the Netherlands, CyberBunker. But the site isn't in English, so unless you can read whatever language it is then I don't know. Also, they're more focused on dedicated servers and colocation and they're expensive as ****. But, it's an old, used military bunker they use.

It can withstand a 20 megaton nuclear blast!

I realized it probably wouldn't do you any good, but just posting it for ya.

Even though it's not quite what I was looking for, the idea of using a nuclear bunker as my data centre does have a certain appeal.

There was one mentioned last week on slashdot that had something to do with the pirate bay.. can't remember what it was called. It was sweedish though.

Can anybody recommend a provider for annonymous offshore hosting and domain registration? There are numerous services, but does anybody have any experience with any of them?

I'm not about to launch a torrent tracker or some kind of sketchy pr0n, it's a whistleblower type site and I am slighly concerned about UK libel laws, which allow you to be prosecuted for publishing accusations of criminal behaviour about a company or individual even if they are proved to be true.

what about http://wikileaks.org/?

Back