• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filling Water System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BubbaJoeLouis

Registered
Does anyone have any tips or pictures or links for a nice way to fill my watercooling system?

I have a 4x4x4 home depot utility box and a submersible pump. I really dont want to have air in the system. I would love to see some setups to get some ideas.

I am hoping for some easy to get valves or a way to pressure fill the system.

Thank you!
BJL;)

P.S. Feel free to use AIM or Yahoo IM

Thats a good idea. THen I could attach a 2 liter with a hose to that barb and let it fill.

Then I would need some king of valve to shut it off when full.

Has anyone thought of a clean/leak-proof way to attach a 3/8 hose to a 2 liter or other container?

Thanks,
BJL;)

Has anyone thought of a clean/leak-proof way to attach a 3/8 hose to a 2 liter or other container?

I just bored a hole through the 2 liter's cap and used JBWeld to epoxy a 1/4 npt end of a hose barb to/through it. It works like a squeeze bottle. You can also cut the 2 liter to make a funnel to use with the same cap.

Just a thought.

Here is how I fill mine. When full I close the valves and pull off the filling hoses, the valves are the turned in and tucked away.

Back