• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD to HDD Inquiry...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

I was wondering if putting copy right protected DVD's (i.e. wrestling DVDs) was possible with any program.

I wouldn't be putting these up for file sharing as I don't even own a P2P program - I just like the convienece of pulling up DVD's like this on my HDD.

Thanks

DVD Decrypter. Just put it in ISO mode and it'll create an image of the disc. AnyDVD is also nice, but it's a commercial program while the other is free.

Does anyone know then if Roxio Suit would work then?

I'm knew to this process :screwy:

Never used Roxio, only the two applications that have been mentioned. If you decide to try them and need any help in getting it all going, just say the word.

Thanks, I'll try Roxio and the programs mentioned and see how it all works.

Quick question:

Is DVDFab legal for me to just copy the DVD to my hard drive?

Is it legal to back up copyright protected DVDs with DVDFab to my HDD?

Is it legal to back up copyright protected DVDs with DVDFab to my HDD?

Yes, you can back up a DVD that you legally own. There's some gray areas about whether it's legal to bypass copy protection, but I've yet to even hear rumor of someone that got in trouble for backing up something they physically owned.

I wouldn't be putting these up for file sharing as I don't even own a P2P program - I just like the convienece of pulling up DVD's like this on my HDD.

I don't believe you :) That's what they all say haha.
The methods the other guys suggested will work. Create an iso, use anydvd, etc. You could also use ripbot or handbrake or another equivalent and convert them to an mp4, mkv, avi video file rather than an iso container.

And beware of the mpaa j/k

I don't believe you :) That's what they all say haha.
The methods the other guys suggested will work. Create an iso, use anydvd, etc. You could also use ripbot or handbrake or another equivalent and convert them to an mp4, mkv, avi video file rather than an iso container.

And beware of the mpaa j/k

Handbrake won't convert it straight from DVD if it's copy-protected. He'll have to use DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD, or something similar to either rip the VOBs or create an ISO to mount.

Lol well much to your disappointment I gave up file sharing a long time ago :p

I just like to pull up some of my favorite wrestling matches or DVD excerpts without having to dig out each individual DVD.

Back