• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat-pipe question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oYAKUZAo

are the number of heat-pipes on a heat-sink really important or many alot of differences ?

iv seen HS with 4 heat-pipes which performs better than a HS with 8 heat-pipes..

what makes the difference? mind explaining to me? thanks bros

It all comes down to design and thermal dynamics. That's my understanding at least.

Number of heat pipes, placement, diameter and number and angle of the fins are what I look at. I had a Thermaltake V1 cooler, copper design, fairly big fan, 4 heatpipes, but that hs just plain didnt perform at all on my i7. I guess it was the surface area of the fins and their placement that doomed it. It just couldn't keep up with that cpu.

ohh ic..

can you guys help me a little.. i wana get a new hsf.. im using silent knight II btw..

is scythe ninja 2 or hyper 212 better? can help me check out the design? thanks alot bros.. waiting for your comment,s :)

consider looking at the TR HR-01 plus as well, another one in the ninja are is the Mugen 2 HS.

Back