• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe (790FX/SB600) voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkankinRatFink

Registered
Hello. I am running my Athlon 64 X2 6000+ processor on an Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe board with the chipset listed in the title (AMD 790FX NB, ATI SB600 SB).

I have overclocked it some already, just changing only the FSB and the vCore. My point here is that I'm curious about the other voltages I'm able to adjust on the board. What benefits might I gain by tweaking them? Can I gain stability? At the very least, what are their default values ... so I can fill those in instead of [Auto].

These are all the voltages listed:
CPU VDDA (I'm particularly curious about this one ... what does it do? :confused:)
Processor-NB
HT
Core/PCIe
NB PCIe PLL
Southbridge

A couple of related questions--- when stress testing I check CPU core temp with CoreTemp. I read the chipset temperature with the included Asus PC Probe program, which usually reads 30-31C. How accurate can I consider this temperature, and at what temperature should I start worrying? Thanks a lot for the info!

I'm surprised you can even access some of those with the 6000+. Man, I can't remember those default voltages - senior moment I guess. CPU VDDA (IIRC) is the end voltage for the RAM at the NB (but don't quote me on that, there may be two VDDA voltages - one in AOD only?). Processor NB is 1.2v default (IIRC) but often needs to run 1.25v - 1.3v if you increase the clock/NB speed (but that rule doesn't apply to K8).

I've found the chipset (and core temp for that matter) in Probe II to have very good readings. Probe II doesn't have the almost instant change CoreTemp does but after a few seconds it gets there. Chipset temps usually run no higher than 40°C but I'm sure they can run hotter than that and still be safe. Core temps should be kept near no higher than 55°C under a Prime95 or OCCT (100%) load ...

Last edited:
Back