• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replace the scythe ninja?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Petebert

been running a scythe ninja on a E6400 at 3.2ghz, currently at stock 1.325v. Looking around the forums it looks like I should be able to get cooler then what I run. Right now I've also got flight sim 9 running which keeps the cpu at about 55%, core temp is showing 48-50c. I think I idle at about 38-39c. I'll run a prime stress later and see what it peaks at.

I've tried lapping and remounting, think I should try a new hs? I see that some now have a mount instead of pushpin option, I've never been convinced that the pushpins keep it on very tight. I've got the fan on it running at 100% and theres a case fan about 1" away pulling.

well my ninja hs has been used on a alot of cpu, right now its cooling a i7, see sig. ninja is more ment for low cfm fans where noise is a issue for the buyer. if you want something more aggressive that responds better to higher cfm fans. i would look at something like the HR-01 plus or mugen2, being the best option for air is a TRUE or this new comer to the market,Prolimatech Megahalems.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...66_-_Preorder_-_Ship_ETA_April_1st_-_3rd.html
http://www.crazypc.com/products/prolimatech-megahalem-508600.html

Also, what version of the Ninja do you have?

Rev B is inferior to the originals, for instance.

yes mine would be the first rev... however i think the second would be better if used with the TR bolt thru kit...just IMO since i havent seen anyone try it....im going water otherwise i would give it a shot...

... however i think the second would be better if used with the TR bolt thru kit...just IMO since i havent seen anyone try it....
Pick me, pick me. :)
Ninja rev.B + TR Bolt-Thru on P5Q-E

Ninja.jpg

A standard OC at 23°C room temperature, case P182 and Ninja fanless.

3600_full.jpg

For Linpack pretty decent I'd say. :)

wow thats nice!!!

i think my amb was around 30-32c or 70-74F. my load temps with a E7200 and my twin denki's on low would put me load around 65c. on med speed i would get 60c with same amb temp...

found the original order email it says.. "Scythe NINJA PLUS Rev.B " 6 Heat Pipes CPU Cooler"

heres what I got with a 5 minute run, still kind of cold here so room temp is 17c

Attachments

• njab.jpg
    njab.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 130
Back