• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This look kinda wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dominick

Doing the test because I was concerned with heating issues

personally the temps are to high and I noticed something with the 12 volts
is this right?

tempsvoltage.jpg

Software is RARELY accurate. Best bet is to try something else (Everest) if you dont have a DMM to test it yourself. Does that jump back up to 12 or thereabouts when there is no load?

Doing the test because I was concerned with heating issues

personally the temps are to high and I noticed something with the 12 volts
is this right?
You can't trust any software read voltages, there is absolutely no way your system would be running at 9v on the 12v rail.

Second, my server runs that processor and that exact speed. That is the load temps I'm hitting on the stock cooler.

What is everything in your system and how is it laid out? We need more information than a very simple screenshot and very basic system information.

Sorry about that went out for a smoke to come back in to a computer having a heart attack.

MSI K9A2 Platinum mobo
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2
SAPPHIRE 100243-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
AMD Phenom 9950 Agena 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W
vista 64

its all in a tower stock heat sinks under my desk thinking of moving it tho
it gets kinda warm under there.
Basic fan setup one front one side one back and power supply one/two cant remember.

*EDIT* forgot idle tem is 112 to 115F

LOL @ 1kw PSU for that system... OVERKILL! Could have saved yourself $150 buying something more appropriate! ;)

Anyway, that PSU is server grade stuff so I highly highly doubt its the PSU giving actual low readings. Like Thideras mentioned your PC likely wouldnt work if it was reading that low.

If you dont own a Digital MultiMeter, try DL evererst and see if that is reporting any better.

LOL @ 1kw PSU for that system... OVERKILL! Could have saved yourself $150 buying something more appropriate! ;)

Anyway, that PSU is server grade stuff so I highly highly doubt its the PSU giving actual low readings. Like Thideras mentioned your PC likely wouldnt work if it was reading that low.

If you dont own a Digital MultiMeter, try DL evererst and see if that is reporting any better.

:p Yes over kill but I bought it with other mods in mined that should be using
a decent amount of that PSU.

Not even close. Another GPU like you have, 5 HDDs, water cooling, 5 fans, some cold cathodes wouldnt make it sniff 750W. ;)

Anyway, check everest. :)

With the exception of the cathodes you almost have what I am aiming for :)

And will do prolly will also use a DMM just to verify. thanks

Back