• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU for a gtx 260 core 216

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davids90

I'm planning on getting a gtx 260 core 216; and i would want some help in choosing a good reliable budget PSU that can move my card.

THX:)

Well Im actually planing to run a single card.

And that corsair sounds pretty nice I think I'll go with this PSU for my build
Thanks men

The HX620 would be my recommendation if your budget can cope with it. Modular makes wiring things up a breeze.

I'm using it's Big Brother.. Complete overkill

Yeah, I keep trying to tell people about those thousand watt power supplies...

Unless you're trying to do quad GTX295s and a lawnmower, then you're just throwing your money away.

I knew I didn't need it when I bought it.. I figure it'll likely be the last power supply I ever have to buy.. I THINK I could probably power 3 systems with it... definitely 2.

Though, as near as I can tell, the current power needs for my system put me right in the Sweet spot for maximum efficiency on this PSU.. Almost 91%, at least according to the published efficiency curve

Well thanks for everything

I wanted to know if the 550vx was good enough for my system y actually run a 300W so the one only big change would be the GPU (GTX 620). It's kind on my budget right now

Well thanks for everything

I wanted to know if the 550vx was good enough for my system y actually run a 300W so the one only big change would be the GPU (GTX 620). It's kind on my budget right now

Yeah that should be fine... Though you could get the 650TX for $94... $79 after rebate.

I currently run the Corsair 650TX($99) and it runs my Q9550 oc'd to 3.6GHz very nicely, along with 4GB RAM, GTX 260 216 vid card, 3 hard drives, and a DVD burner.

I'd say go for the 650TX or higher IMHO. 650 should be more than fine though, I know mine runs like a champ :)

I'm planning on getting a gtx 260 core 216; and i would want some help in choosing a good reliable budget PSU that can move my card.

THX:)

Can not really suggest a PSU without knowing the rest of your psecs.

If you are running a dual core system any decent 400W PSU will be more than sufficient for it. QuadCore I would up it to a 500W especially if overclocked.

Back