• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which of these vga coolers should i get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if space isn't an issue get the arctic cooling accelero. check to see if you can get the Accelero S1 Rev 2. i believe its the same heatsink as the one you linked, just no fans. its older so should be cheaper. you can add your own fans afterwords.

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2

if space isn't an issue get the arctic cooling accelero. check to see if you can get the Accelero S1 Rev 2. i believe its the same heatsink as the one you linked, just no fans. its older so should be cheaper. you can add your own fans afterwords.

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2

only thing about that one i dont like is that it does not come with fans and the fact you have to ziptie fans onto that and i dont really wanna spend extra for fans and zipties (i know im cheap but money is a bit tight right now)

but you will spend less (assuming you have extra fans around) as its half the price.

zip ties can be had for cheap at hardware stores. hell if you know the right ppl you can get them for free.

but i guess if you have no extra fans i would go with the Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo VGA Cooler and call it a day.

also what is the reason for getting this? i believe the no fan one still can out perform the stock cooling, but fans really help it.

only thing about that one i dont like is that it does not come with fans and the fact you have to ziptie fans onto that and i dont really wanna spend extra for fans and zipties (i know im cheap but money is a bit tight right now)

get the fan's designed for the S1 (link on right side of the page as the s1) and still save $10

I've got a pair of Musashis on my 4850's. I was looking at the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2, but space was an issue with fans. Not to mention the heatpipe closest to the xfire connection was going to be a problem. I would've had to get an extended crossfire cable.

Tho I spent more than I wanted to ($91+) on both the Musashis, I was not disappointed at all. The performance of the new coolers was well worth my investment.

*edit*

You can try to find the GFX-Chilla This was the one I really wanted, but I could'nt find it for sale. NCIX would have it, but was always sold out :rolleyes:

I've got a pair of Musashis on my 4850's. I was looking at the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2, but space was an issue with fans. Not to mention the heatpipe closest to the xfire connection was going to be a problem. I would've had to get an extended crossfire cable.

Tho I spent more than I wanted to ($91+) on both the Musashis, I was not disappointed at all. The performance of the new coolers was well worth my investment.

*edit*

You can try to find the GFX-Chilla This was the one I really wanted, but I could'nt find it for sale. NCIX would have it, but was always sold out :rolleyes:

just check ncix and they were sold out must be a really good cooler, also right now space is not an issue for the card the cooler will be going on, though i will say that i need a bigger case, also my main card which the cooler will be going on is currently running even at idle at 66c which for me is a bit warm i wish i could do water cooling but it gets a bit warm in the room where my computer is at and even now im hot but not sweating

have you done anything to the stock cooler? try changing out the thermal paste. i change mine out when i get new cards so i don't know the differences. though i think i didn't do that with my 9800GTX. i think i dropped almost 10C. its one of the cheapest ways to get a couple of degrees lower.

another thought would be to get an extra fan and point it at the intake of the card.

and yes those coolers are great(S1 rev 2). i had one on my 8600GT and droped 25C load.

ok i found the cooler i want will update once i get it which should be in a month or 2 (gotta pay off some bills and people etc)

~~~~
*edit*

I love mine, I got it for $25 canadian on sale at ncix :D
It really made a huge improvement over the stock cooler in heat and noise.

Back