• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 on water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killuazaoldyeck

i just finish building my i7 set up

Intel i7 920
Gigabyte X58 UD4P
Diamond 4870x2
Sapphire 4870x2
Corsair Dominator 6Gb 1600 PC3 12800
Antec 1000w TruePower Quattro
Antec Twelve Hundred
WD Veloci-Raptor HD

Swiftech Apogee GTZ
EK GPU Water Blocks
Thermochill 160.1 rad
Black Ice GT Stealth 360 rad
Bitspower Compression Fittings
MCP350™w/ XSPC Top
MCP350™
EK-RES250 Reservoir

GTZ
3402522190_0b47aea718_o.jpg

crossfireX
3408191774_291c0b261b_o.jpg

more pics coming... tnx for looking. feel free to comment!:santa:

dam you and you super clean looks!

nice work as always.

billb, you can delete your posts :)

Sweet! Great camera work and just pretty as all heck.

How is that PA 160 doing on the heat?

tnx!:) that thermochill really perform well, load temps @ 3.2Ghz is 40's, idles @ 25-32 and i get under 20's in the morning:santa:

added one pic ( bad quality though) noob in photography
3409113670_4ac30989a0_o.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful job! Would love to see more pics (the last one isn't showing for me).

Did you do the sleeving yourself on the PSU cables? Excellent workmanship.

If you dont mind me asking, how did u achieve the orange color? is it the tubing or a Dye? From what i can tell it looks like orange tubing? or am i wrong, if so where did u find it

The waterblock appears to be mounted 90 deg from what I think is suggested? Is that because its on an i7 build and you had no choice?

Just curious. Either way, it looks completely fantastic! Great work!

Did you do the sleeving yourself on the PSU cables? Excellent workmanship.
yup! took couple of hours, still undone. 3 more pci-e cables. lol
If you dont mind me asking, how did u achieve the orange color? is it the tubing or a Dye? From what i can tell it looks like orange tubing? or am i wrong, if so where did u find it
yeah its a orange tubings of masterkleer, and i mixed the red and green UV dye to able to get the orange coolant.:bday: i got the tubings from mcmaster.com
The waterblock appears to be mounted 90 deg from what I think is suggested? Is that because its on an i7 build and you had no choice?

yup it is. uhmm, no, i dont think its suggested, i just like it to be like that.:santa:

i really like that orange colour, looks great in the tubes, who did you get the tubing from?

Sweeeeeeeet. I really like the orange as well. I'd love to be a bit more amber in color myself. A hint of red maybe ontop of the orange? As usual, your builds create some awesome pictures!!

A couple questions for ya killuazaoldyeck (as I'm currently also working on a very similar project in an Antec 1200) I hope you can shed some thoughts...

I'm putting a Feser 480 radiator in the front of the case for the main loop. I think the single 4870x2 with an overclocked i7 will push the 480 toward its maximum (much less two cards in CF!) - but I'm not entirely sure.

You are running two loops - I was thinking of running a single loop-
pump-CPU-thermochill-GPU-Feser-Resivoir

...But I'm not sure how well it would work. I'm more concerned with volume at idle (full bore can be loud, who cares) than anything else.

The i7 core is mounted perpendicular compared to C2D CPU's. So actually it is mounted optimally for his system.

Back