• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro like modem with DSL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

I Recentrly upgraded to XP Pro and Ive noticed that sometimes web pages load up like im on a 56k modem but I have DSL 640k down and 120k up so that shouldn't be my problem tested on dsl reports and its fine.. so could it be a problem with XP?? i have all the latest drivers for everything except my video card....

All pages don't do that, do they? If only some pages are slow, then it's the server's fault.
Is there any pattern to slow load times?

Your new OS hasnt taken snapshots of websites yet. Each web site you visit from now on will store a cookie on your system so that only the new information on that web site will have to load next time. you can turn this off in settings but it helps to speed up web surfing.

You will have to do a little digging, check your dns config and make sure your dns servers are the correct ones for your ISP. check for packet loss. do some tracert's to some of the slower websites see what shows up. If you need some help let me know.

Back