• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would you trade a...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordon

8800GTX pny black edition, and helping someone move lol, for a evga GTX 260 ??? My friend is willing to trade it to me..

I figure the gtx260 is better, well it is as far as I can tell, but it seems the 8800gtx is still worth more $$$ , maybe due to the fact they aren't being made anymore ?

Should I keep the 8800GTX and try selling it, and shoot for a gtx280 or something ? Or would you just do the trade for the newer better performing card ??? help !!

Newer better performing card. I really don't see why the price of the 8800gtx would stay high for much longer as the 260's are getting so much cheaper and new way more powerful card are coming out.

I wasn't aware 8800GTXs are still worth over $150-180 which is the price range for even a GTX 260-192, similar to GTX 260-216 though. I say trade.

If it's a gtx260 216 go for it..

its not a 216 core, its a first run one or whatever.. It hasn't seen much use though... A lot of you are saying go for it...

hmmm I wonder if anyone else is gonna chime in and say . "no, no ! wait !!"

anyone ??

Or do we have some more yay's ? lol

Depends on how much stuff you have to move. Big couch, up 3 floors, better be giving me the card (and a big bottle of ibuprofen).
If you were going to help the person move anyway...

No NO WAIT! I have an ATI 9700 pro that's worth like 10 times as much and hasn't been produced for like 5 years trade that for your 8800GTX. Video cards =/= wine.

ok i traded.... I'm really gonna miss that 88gtx... She was my love child..

This new 260 card run's cooler tho.. and seems to shell out a few more frames.

Really, I think I coulda sold the 8800gtx for enough to buy a gtx280...? But Ive also been delusional before.

I guess I did the right thing ? I cant use the 88gtx for physics , as the card went into his compy.. I don't know if you caught the "trade" part :p

Back