• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Remember this game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixOfChaos

So, I'm completely blanking on a PC game that may have come out recently, or may have been canceled. It's just one of those things that randomly popped into my head.

If I remember correctly it was either from a small game design firm, or independently run that was bought out by a rather large company like EA and they were developing a fantasy FPS. With stuff like magic, crossbows, swords etc. The graphics looked about like Half Life 2, but if memory serves it was kinda widely talked about for a short period of time because of something fairly unique to its design. I remember there were a few developer videos to raise some attention to it. Anyway, that kinda just popped into my head and was wondering if anyone else has heard about this in the past, or if I'm just lapsing back into self-hallucinogenic properties.

Man just reminded me of Shadowrun for a second, especially the EA got a hold of it an ruined it.. Of you didn't say that :p I did

The one game that comes to mind is Project Offset. It was picked up by Intel as a "First Party" title. They have made some real progress and the game looks great.

The one game that comes to mind is Project Offset. It was picked up by Intel as a "First Party" title. They have made some real progress and the game looks great.

When they released the first screens in ~2007 it looked amazing but now it's getting a little outdated.

That totally sounds like Project Offset. Really hope something big becomes of this title because it sure as hell looked interesting back a while ago with some of the vids they even did on it.

Hmm. Might it be Project Offset? I doubt it's what you're talking about, though.

The Dark Messiah guesses are good ones also.

Yep, Project Offset it was. Good guess. That first game didn't look right.

Yeah, that game looked pretty interesting, I was hoping there had been some sort of release date on it, looks like it has nothing though.

Back