• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funzie

Anybody else have any problems with EVGA? Seems like their cards only work for a year or two and then they break. Probably what they only offer the limited warranty on some products. So far every product I have bought from them broke either at the 1 year or 2 year mark. First to go was my 680i motherboard about 4 moths ago. Now this weekend my 2 year old 8800GTX stopped working. Last Monday my brother's 8800GT started artifacting. They don't seem to have very reliable products. Now next time I find a good deal on a video card and mobo im jumping on it and dumping all my EVGA parts. The only reason I went with them in the first place was because to me they looked like a reliable company and the general concensus was good. Good bye EVGA.

No. EVGA is my preferred vendor for nVidia video cards. I've never had a problem with any of their cards. Even my old 7900GT, which was a series prone to failure, is still running nicely. That's more than I can say about an XFX BFG 7900GT I put in my brother-in-law's computer, which died within a year.

All hardware is prone to failure at any time. String of bad luck for you.
That being said, most of the boards out there are made by the same company anyway, so it doesn't matter who you buy it from.

All the companies do (Like EVGA, etc) is put their own stick on the card and give it a warranty.

I've never had any problems with them. As stated maybe a string of bad luck.

If you registered the cards when you bought them, you should have a lifetime warranty.

Not true anymore, you need to beware of model names

If the model name of the card has TR at then end, you only got 1 yr warranty
If it has AR at the end then it's life time

I thought TR was 1 year if not registered within 30 days and 2 years if it is registered.

I got a 7950GT when there was a lot of hype around them, the card died in a watercooling leak but I got an RMA no problem. They sent me the wrong card the first time so they sent me a free t-shirt with a new 7950GT. That card's been going strong for about two years now, can't speak for their current stuff.

I got a 7950GT when there was a lot of hype around them, the card died in a watercooling leak but I got an RMA no problem. They sent me the wrong card the first time so they sent me a free t-shirt with a new 7950GT. That card's been going strong for about two years now, can't speak for their current stuff.

Did you tell them a leak caused the card to die when you submitted the RMA?

I have two EVGA 8800gts 512mb's going strong, and a EVGA 7600gs and gt which are a couple of years old still fine and the gt being overclocked!

Guess what, I got my RMAed 8800GTX, I put it in. Decide to test out Dead Space and all I see is blocks. So the card they sent me is broken. So here I sit, even more ****ed and screwed over by EVGA once more.

Guess what, I got my RMAed 8800GTX, I put it in. Decide to test out Dead Space and all I see is blocks. So the card they sent me is broken. So here I sit, even more ****ed and screwed over by EVGA once more.

You sure something else isn't broken? Did you try the card in another system, or another card in yours?

Sounds like a possible driver issue. If not then send it back, with a angry email get them to give you free stuff. These opportunities are great for nabbing some extras = ).

Does it run the desktop fine? other games?

You sure something else isn't broken? Did you try the card in another system, or another card in yours?

I did both of these things. Also its the exact same card so my old drivers should work. Regardless i've removed and installed several drivers and all produce the same result.

Back