• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which brand of HD4890?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

Whats the best brand to buy of the HD4890? Meaning of good cooler, silent and very overclockable.

Thanks

Well, give it a month or so and I'm sure we'll see some custom cooling/ PCB's but as of now all are reference design. So all cooling and fan noise is mediocre but adequate.

I grabbed the XFX HD4890 (not the XT nor XXX) and not too happy with it, looks like they binned them fairly aggressive I would say. Max I can hit even after flashing to Asus bios and running SmartDoc to adjust core voltage up to 1.4v is 970Mhz core and 1100Mhz mem.

Have seen some nice #'s coming from ASUS's so maybe look that way. Even some MSI's are hitting nice #'s.

Or check out PowerColor's WC edition.
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?90452

Last edited:
Generally when cards first appear they all come with similar stock cooling. After a few months companies may come out with different cooling options.

If you plan to buy now, go with the best price/warranty IMO.

Yes as of now the package and the sticker maybe the bios is the only difference.

275 has a custom cooled version out now which is kinda unusual so early.

or go with the best price only and buy aftermarket cooling (after making sure the card works properly).

Back