• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case modding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr McFondled

Disabled
I bought a flat case for my motherboard that just came like half an hour ago. Anyways. i noticed that the graphics card and power supply will not fit at all. so it sucks for me! But i was wondering could it work it i cut like a hole on top for the power supply so i can mount it on the top? and the graphics card I possible need to cut a long square so it can stick out.

Case modding is only limited to your imagination. I have seen mods that I would have never thought of and they were functional, so yeah try it out and post some pics already lol.

What case did you get, or can you post a pic of it?

Here you go. I still need to add mo...fo&cPath=132&products_id=1877"]chanel molding to line the cuts.. give it a nice clean look. A case is almost never ruined. ;)

OR.. buy a PVC pipe and cut it in half lengthwise... then glue it to the side panel OVER the slot. Then paint the side panel.

Last edited:
Know what I'd do? I'd smooth the edged of the cuts with a dremel or file.. and get a few feet of this chanel molding to line the cuts.. give it a nice clean look. A case is almost never ruined. ;)

OR.. buy a PVC pipe and cut it in half lengthwise... then glue it to the side panel OVER the slot. Then paint the side panel.
Ooh good Idea.. But But everything is so cramped inside. I was luck i had the metal thing thats hooked to the psu. I was about to throw it out because a case didn't fit micro atx

You know what, I decided not to put the case on it, What im going to do is buy two large fans and suspend them in mid air lol for better cooling

You know what, I decided not to put the case on it, What im going to do is buy two large fans and suspend them in mid air lol for better cooling

Almost like a benching station, sounds like it will cool alot better that way other than being cramped.

Its actually already cooling a lot better. When i felt the top case it was hot and the air coming out that leaked from the case was pretty warm. right now its actually making me cold. while the lid is removed

That case is not ruined it's modded to fit your needs. I would cover that graph's card so it don't get bumped at all. Got to put some type of cage around it.

+1

I'd be worried that the pcb would lean up against the case metal and short.

actually im not going to touch the case until i get a dremel to cut it well for right now im just going to shove fans in it to make it look cool and perform like what i stated it to be lol. Using the lid caused my motherboard to over heat pretty badly I had speed fan running and the temp for everything was 65-70 not good at all.

http://i41.tinypic.com/333zc6o.jpg This is how i have it right now.

Back