• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Thermalright mobo heatsink fit x58 lga 1366 boards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

Does Thermalright mobo heatsink fit x58 lga 1366 boards? I want a really nice passive heatsink for my x58 build. Have silverstone TJ09 and a TRUE Copper coming. It isn't listed as compatible but in my experience compatibility info is only based on when the product is made. Want a Gigabyte board like x58-exteme, but may choose a cheaper one like ud3r if I can apply this monster heatsink.

I have the GA-EX58-UD3R and it allows me to get to the speeds in my sig and I know that the TRUE will fit with the 1366 bolt through bracket.

As I have posted before, try to support the Copper TRUE if you put it in a vertical application (i.e. case standing upright and not horizontal) because that thing weighs 900g!!!! It may cause mobo flex if not.

You are probably gonna still need to put the fan that comes with it on though as the i7 chips are really hot runners and it isnt gonna be cooled passively with ANY decent overclock.

Yeah srry I was talking about an IFX-10 with a true copper as I love passive cooling, I mean the less heat the better, I know I'll need a fan when gaming but I really would like this too if it fits and works. Srry wasn't specific, could'nt remember name at 1st.

http://www.xoxide.com/thermalright-...n=FROOG&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping

That looks like it is a good heatsink but I have seen them on a board or two and it looks to me like it gets in the way if you are in your case all the time. It will fit though as it works with any Thermalright heat sink as long as there is 70mm of space between the mobo and and panel.

Have fun with that True Copper. It weighs almost a full 2Kilos without a fan attached. Thats 4.5 pounds.

It's a little more weight than attaching a 1/2 gallon of milk to the top of your motherboard. It's really only a good idea on desktop cases unless you never touch your case.

umm a true HS is not a good or even the best choice for tring for passive air setup. you need to look at the HR01-plus or the mugen 2 or ninja hs. mugen 2 comes with lga1366 and you can get a lga1366 kit for the HR01-plus, the ninja is just lga775 so far with no kit offered for lga1366. though you could minus the kits if the mobo has lga775 mounting holes.

I agree that the HR-01 is a better passive cooler, but while gaming, my machine will be running @ 3.6ghz, and will have fans. I love passive cooling but I wouldn't want only passive cooling for an overclocked i7, the less fans I have to use the better, and passive cooling is awesome, the more the better, but will still need fans where I believe air flow of the TRUE will factor in. Oh and evilsizer, thx I like knowing my options.

Back