• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple new Atom CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiggity

The two new Atom processors announced during the keynote are the Atom Z550 and the Atom Z515.

The high-end Z550 runs at 2GHz and uses Intel Hyper-Threading technology. Intel says that the new processor sets a performance records for a CPU running in an under 3-watt power envelope. The Atom Z515 is designed for power savings over raw performance and runs at 1.2GHz. The processors takes advantage of Intel Burst Performance technology and is aimed at small MIDs.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=14795

2GHz @ under 3 watts, not too shabby

Interesting, I'm thinking of getting an Atom cpu/mobo to put in an old Sun sparc ultra 10 case, just for surfing the net/daily use.

I'm going to get a netbook once they start using the top of the line Atom for the Ion Platform.

I just saw this - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344628,00.asp

Acer is coming out with the first Ion Netbook, but it has the worst Atom CPU in it :(

please explain, the link you provided is mainly talking about a small SFF PC(aka nettop). if this was a netbook acer wouldn't be using the Atom 230 but either the Z530 or the N270 Atom cpus.

i have always been a fan of Atom cpu but i feel im alone on that. i would really like to see Intel start using the lower TDP mobile dies and make dual cores with them. would be fun to play with a dual core atom at 2ghz with HT and a 6watt TDP. if the board design was setup right, mount a large HS to cool both NB/cpu. would be nice to finally have a true passive pc for just web-ing and email. coupled with newer SSD's most people would find them more then enough for what they need/do with a pc.

please explain, the link you provided is mainly talking about a small SFF PC(aka nettop). if this was a netbook acer wouldn't be using the Atom 230 but either the Z530 or the N270 Atom cpus.

i have always been a fan of Atom cpu but i feel im alone on that. i would really like to see Intel start using the lower TDP mobile dies and make dual cores with them. would be fun to play with a dual core atom at 2ghz with HT and a 6watt TDP. if the board design was setup right, mount a large HS to cool both NB/cpu. would be nice to finally have a true passive pc for just web-ing and email. coupled with newer SSD's most people would find them more then enough for what they need/do with a pc.

Oh man, the dual core won't fit in a nettop? I'm sad now :(

I wanted the dual core atom + Nvidia graphics for a cheap 'laptop'. All these netbook, nettop, blah blah is getting confusing.

Maybe I'll just go for a mobile core i5 lappy when they come out.

Oh man, the dual core won't fit in a nettop? I'm sad now :(

I wanted the dual core atom + Nvidia graphics for a cheap 'laptop'. All these netbook, nettop, blah blah is getting confusing.

Maybe I'll just go for a mobile core i5 lappy when they come out.

well the only plan for atom dual cores have been Atom 330 which is a 8watt TDP. Atom 330 is simply two 230 dies per one cpu PCB. i havent seen any news or hints about intel going for mobile dual cores, but i keep my hopes alive. im thinking it might happen when they add the ondie video in the next gen atom cpu.

well the only plan for atom dual cores have been Atom 330 which is a 8watt TDP. Atom 330 is simply two 230 dies per one cpu PCB. i havent seen any news or hints about intel going for mobile dual cores, but i keep my hopes alive. im thinking it might happen when they add the ondie video in the next gen atom cpu.

Aye that lincroft platform looks really nice. I think it's Intel's first SoC for the mainstream also. I really need to see the i5 integrated graphics performance.

Ditto, that would fit perfectly as a header for my bedroom. And I can fileserve to it off this computer, you're getting me all excited ;)
my thoughts are FAH on the gpu and rosetta on the cpu.. atom 330 isnt to bad for rosi but horrible for FAH... well if you get one you better post some detailed pics of the box if you can....

gimme one of those acers cause i want to go to town on it
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/crz/crazer.htm
:attn:

*edit*
cant choose between the Mystic Ice, Black Shadow, Silver, Mystic Violet, Metallic Silver, Copper or Blue / Emerald. all look really nice for a case to be done up in..

Back