• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funny Crysis Warhead tale. (Spoiler alert, so beware)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I just had to share this with you all, even though "I" will be the one you all laugh at. I picked upi Warhead when it came out since I did enjoy the first one. I don't spend hours at a time playing games so it took me a while to get very deep into it. I got to a place where you were at the airfield and you had to battle all these large flying alien machines. Then due to some ATI driver problems I started getting massive slowdowns in that area. But I soldiered through and came upon this massive alien machine. But even with all the choppiness I finally beat the da** thing (machine that is). Then I am called to meet the Atol at a container so I headed out. I got into the container yard, so I ducked behind on and did a Quick Save then exited out to start doing some research to fix the choppiness. But due to other games, real life, Win7 playtime, Forum Wars, etc, etc, I never got back to playing for quite some time. Yesterday I decided to get back to it. Imagine my surprise when I get the the meeting point with the Atol when All that happens next is a cutsceen and then the credits roll. I had beaten the End Boss and didn't even realize it until months later. DUH on me.

Haha even I wasn't a 100% sure at that point whether the game would end there. But since I knew the game was shorter than the first one and I was trying to keep myself interested in the story as well, I kinda saw it coming.

You know its kind of funny, a similar thing happened to me back in the day with Fear. I decided to have a night of gaming after weeks of being sidetracked by real life, and decided not to go on a booze cruise. I just wanted some time to myself and relax. I load up the game, and after five minutes of playing I come to the ending. Literally seconds after that, my phone rings and just looking at the called ID, my head had a nuclear explosion just like in the ending.

LOL. this happened to me with Halo 2.
a few years ago, when i was into Xbox, i borrowed Halo 2, and tried to finish it in the 3 days i loaned it for. we ran out of time, so i kept the save file..but didn't finish the game.
so when i bought the game months later, i decided to restart the whole campaign. then i found out i only had 1 level to go to finish the game. MAJOR gay.

Lol!

I don't know the last time I beat a game, cod1 maybe. I just stick to multiplayer but this story makes me want to start single player again :)

happaned to me on CoD WaW, last mission, last check point, saved, and never really played it again for some time, then while i was goin threw my xbox games i was like o_Oi still haven't beatin teh store mode, lets do that..... 5 min later im like =_= not cool

This happened to me on the first Crysis! I saved the game right after you get on the boat and I didn't play it for a few weeks then only to realize the game was pretty much over :eek:

Yep that happened to me on one of the HL2 Episodes. :)

*In before we get all the people that feel they absolutely must chime in and talk about how they hate Crysis and how badly programmed it is*

Back